Codegrip and MikroBasic IDE

Author

Codegrip and MikroBasic IDE

#1 Post by HajoKa » 15 May 2022 14:12

My configuration:
Windows 10 Prof. with newest updates
MikroBasic Pro 7.6.0 with MB Dongle
Codegrip for PIC Version 1.5.1 (Firmware 1.5.0)

Because my MikroProg probably has died (it gets pretty hot and now I get the following Message

Vcc voltage error!
(0,00 volts)

from the MikroProg-Suite.

My Target-Board works fine with the MikroProg for a long time until MikroProg has died (RIP ?)

So, i tried to use my Codegrip-Programmer with the Basiccompiler. But I am unable to connect the Codegrip to the IDE. The Codegrip-Suite is running and shows the Codegrip-Programmer already running.
In another Topic I saw the advice to use TOOLS-PROGRAMMER/DEBUGGER OPTIONS in the IDE. But it shows only the “MikroProg for PIC” item for selection. Codegrip are not displayed.

How can I solve this problem?

Another point in this context is, that the Codegrip-Suite does not show my favorite Small-PIC 12F1840. It’s not listed in the selection-box. Currently this is a project (with the PIC12F1840) I am working on.

Sorry for my poor English!!
Hope that someone can help.

Best regards Hajo

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Codegrip and MikroBasic IDE

#2 Post by filip » 19 May 2022 09:17

Hello,

In order to use CODEGRIP directly from PRO compilers, you have to downgrade the firmware version to 1.3.0 for now (this should be addressed some time in the future).

Download the CODEGRIP Suite from the following link: http://help.mikroe.com/CODEGRIP%20Suite ... -win64.zip
Disable your internet connection before starting the installer (important, otherwise it's just going to download the newest version).
After you've installed 1.3.0 CODEGRIP Suite, go to Help > Updates > CODEGRIP tab, press Scan Devices button and power-cycle EasyPIC8 and the firmware update should commence automatically

This will make it so that your firmware version inside your programmer is 1.3.0 as well.

Regards,

Return to “CODEGRIP programmer and debugger”