Classes and/or inheritance

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Classes and/or inheritance

#1 Post by rackley » 01 Mar 2008 18:13

I know that PICs are fairly simple 8-bit devices, but with the advent of the 16-bit PIC line and now the 32-bit PIC line, I don't think that a request for classes (and eventually inheritance) is unreasonable. I know you guys are swamped over there, but they shouldn't be terribly hard to implement since you already have structs done. It's a HUGE help with programming to be able to use classes...

Thanks,
Ray Ackley
VO Control Systems

LGR

#2 Post by LGR » 01 Mar 2008 18:36

I would think that if any of the languages were going to get that, C would first. That would make it into a kinda sorta C++. Maybe they could call it C+. :P
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

rackley

#3 Post by rackley » 01 Mar 2008 19:21

I have a lot of code, relatively speaking (~60k worth) to port over from 8-bit to 16-bit starting in the next few months. If MikroC were the one to get classes first, I'd port everything from MB to MC, that's how much I'd prefer to have classes. Especially with the much larger code sizes and capabilities of these new chips, classes would help a lot to keep things organized/efficient.

Return to “mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”