micro C Gui Serious Problem DEVCFGx resetted

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for Microchip’s 32-bit PIC MCUs
Author

micro C Gui Serious Problem DEVCFGx resetted

#1 Post by petrus88 » 19 Nov 2019 16:21

Hi
i'm using uC Pro for Pic32 Version 4.00 in my win10 Pc ,I have some problems on gui version 4.00.

I'm using uC with a user who is not a PC administrator, so at startup the software requires the credentials that are entered and everything seems to work.

But pay attention there are still the following problems:

1) It does not always happen but very often when you change something in the code and you go to compile, for some unexplained reason, the registers DEVCFG0, DEVCFG1, DEVCFG2, DEVCFG3 are automatically resetted therefore seeing that I use the alternatives Pin for the CanBus and for the eThernet every time before compiling I have to reset the logs to save the project and compile the code, attention this did not happen with version 3.6.0

2) if I try to work with a functions that accept pointer parameters, they no longer work, instead they worked correctly with version 3.6.0

let me explain better I have the following function

utility.c
myfynction_foo (char * mybyff)

if in main i have a char bufferdata [5] and i try to use the function myfynction_foo(&bufferdata) it not work all code is blokef and not run, in the same way if i try to use myfynction_foo(bufferdata)

in older version of gui i not have this type of problem.

I have to reinstall 3.6.0 version?
I have any account problem?

please help me

kindly Regard

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: micro C Gui Serious Problem DEVCFGx resetted

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 21 Nov 2019 16:10

Hi,

1) I've managed to reproduce the same issue, however, only with VTFT projects. I will forward this to our developers. Meanwhile, I have found a workaround to this issue that might be less painful for you than moving back to the previous version of the compiler:
- once you finish all VTFT specific things and generate the VTFT C code, you can switch your project to the standard project by opening the project file .mcp32 in some editor and removing the VTFT part as shown in the screenshot from the attachment. After that, you should be able to set the configuration word registers without issues.

2) Unfortunately, I have not managed to reproduce this issue. Would you like to zip and attach a minimal project that reproduces this?

Kind regards,
Attachments
vtft_to_standardProject.png
vtft_to_standardProject.png (28.92 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
Stefan Filipović

petrus88

#3 Post by petrus88 » 22 Nov 2019 11:41

Hello,
Yes i think who the problem is connected to VTFT development, consider that my project use VTFT FILES inside the uC gui as it is pssible fron version 4.0.0

Thanks
P

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by stefan.filipovic » 25 Nov 2019 14:59

Hi,

Have you tried the above-mentioned workaround? Is it OK for you?

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

petrus88

#5 Post by petrus88 » 25 Nov 2019 15:34

Yes Stefan,
the workaround it is ok!!

the problem is the vtft configuration

P

Return to “PIC32 PRO Compilers”