Libraries for dsPic

General discussion on mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Libraries for dsPic

#1 Post by Sidharta » 30 Sep 2005 08:25

We are thinking in switching to the dsPic for a new proyect.
I need the can libraries to comunicate with other modules.
Where do you think the can and the rest of the libraries we have now for the pic18 family would be ready?

Another question ¿ The dsPic programer can be used without the development cards ?

:roll:

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Libraries for dsPic

#2 Post by zristic » 30 Sep 2005 08:55

A.S wrote:Where do you think the can and the rest of the libraries we have now for the pic18 family would be ready?
The priority is DSP rather than CAN. However, the dsPIC team got expanded and there are some new developers who can deal with CAN. We just need some time for them to get into dsPIC story before they can start coding libraries. My estimate for CAN lib is early December.
Another question ¿ The dsPic programer can be used without the development cards ?
What are the development cards?

Update: DSP engine is now fully supported by mikroPascal/mikroBasic for dsPIC. We have made FIR filters of various kinds and now we are developing filter coeffitiens calculator. The release is scheduled for the next week.

Sidharta

sorry for my English

#3 Post by Sidharta » 30 Sep 2005 09:24

I mean If the dsPicProgrammer can be used without the easydspic and dsPicPro printed board tools.
In another words if it can program directly a dspic in a prototype

Thanks I suppose December would be fine for the new product

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: sorry for my English

#4 Post by zristic » 30 Sep 2005 09:49

dsPIC programmer comes in two forms:
1. As an independent hardware tool
2. As a built-in tool on dsPIC development boards.
In both versions, the programmer can be used to program any dsPIC that it supports. It is just a matter of successful connection that users make. Therefore, the second form of the programmer is rather difficult to use for programming chips out of the development boards, but if you make a correct connection to your external dsPIC, it should work without problems.

You can examine the schematic you've got with your development board to see how the programmer is connected to dsPIC. Imitating the connection to external dsPIC is relatively easy and you should not have problems with that.

xor

Re: Libraries for dsPic

#5 Post by xor » 19 Oct 2005 03:04

zristic wrote:Update: DSP engine is now fully supported by mikroPascal/mikroBasic for dsPIC. We have made FIR filters of various kinds and now we are developing filter coeffitiens calculator. The release is scheduled for the next week.
  • That's awesome! I've had an audio analysis software project going for some time now using discrete components and USB...12 channels of filters. This is very tempting to move to dsPIC as a possibility if you get FIR online in the library. I see dsPICpro in my future.
[color=darkred][b]xor[/b][/color]
[url=http://circuit-ed.com]CircuitED -[/url]

Return to “mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”