PIC Clicker 2 USB HID stopped responding

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for Microchip’s 8-bit PIC MCUs.
Author

PIC Clicker 2 USB HID stopped responding

#1 Post by Throwgnilloh » 04 May 2022 07:17

Hi all.
I've searched this forum, but can't see anything similar.

I have two Clicker 2 boards that I have been re-programming a lot over the last 24hrs to do CANbus comms between. All going well until...

Suddenly one of them is not being seen by the MikroBootloader USB HID program when you reset the device or re-attach it. I've powered it down, swapped USB leads, powered down my PC, removed power from my PC, tried different USB ports and reinstalled the latest V2.8 Bootloader program, but nothing will rectify it, so I cannot program it. The other Clicker 2 is as happy as Larry.

I think the bootloader program in the clicker must be corrupt. Is there any way to reinstall a new HID program? It takes 10 days for me to get a new clicker board (I am in Perth, Australia) and I don't have that time luxury, and the second module on the working board is occupied by an LCD screen so that I can see what's going on, otherwise, I would use that.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Neil

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: PIC Clicker 2 USB HID stopped responding

#2 Post by filip » 04 May 2022 13:03

Hi,

Do you maybe have some sort of PIC programmer at your side ?

Regards,
Filip.

Throwgnilloh

#3 Post by Throwgnilloh » 08 May 2022 01:09

Hi Filip

Yes I do, I have a MikroProg programmer.

I assume from your comment that I can use the 5 pins, with PGC, PGD, etc., to reprogram with a bootloader, if I had a bootloader program?

Thanks
Neil

Throwgnilloh

#4 Post by Throwgnilloh » 09 May 2022 04:28

Awesome, I soldered the PGC pins on and found the bootloader hex file for the CLicker 2 on your website under the clicker 2 product.

Downloaded and behold it works again. I should have realised!

Good to know though, thanks for the hint.

Neil

Return to “PIC PRO Compilers”