Problem instaslling mikroC Pro 7.6 on W10

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for Microchip’s 8-bit PIC MCUs.
Author

Problem instaslling mikroC Pro 7.6 on W10

#1 Post by BlueWind » 05 Nov 2021 19:21

Hi every body!!

Yesterday I've unistalled my old mikroC Pro for Pic ver. 6.6.2 and downloaded a newer 7.6 version from this site.
I've just installed mikroC package , not the Gripper tool, not the programmer suite, not the drivers for this suite.
The installation has finished well, but the application does not run properly. It freeze at the moment it starts Initializing.
No matter wich version of windows you choose in the compatibility troubleshooter the result will be the same.
Does any body got the same issue? Any idea to make it run properly?
The worse is that I tried to install back my old 6.6.2 version and it does not run too!!
I attached an image showing the moment application is freezing.
Attachments
MikroC_PRO.png
MikroC_PRO.png (229.71 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

darko.ilijevski

Re: Problem instaslling mikroC Pro 7.6 on W10

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 09 Mar 2022 19:17

Hello,
My apologies for the late response; were you able to resolve your issue? Have you tried uninstalling the compiler via the Windows built-in uninstaller (Add or Remove Programs) before you installed the new one? It always worked for me, but then again, I never skipped more than a release or two...

Best regards
BR,
Darko

sipa-e

Re: Problem instaslling mikroC Pro 7.6 on W10

#3 Post by sipa-e » 11 May 2022 13:22

Hello,
I've had the same problem and solved it by adding a new string value to the Windows registry.
The key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes.
You need to add a new string with the name "MS Shell Dlg 2" value "Tahoma".
This worked for me but I don't know if it will work for you.

Return to “PIC PRO Compilers”