HID bootloader in custom circuit?

Author

HID bootloader in custom circuit?

#1 Post by David Kenny » 02 Sep 2017 23:13

All the documentation, I have seen, about using MikroBootloader - is showing a development-system with the bootloader pre-installed.

Can I install a HID Bootloader on an MCU myself? I have a custom HID keyboard circuit that I would like to add the HID bootloader to for development. Is that possible?

A little more info that might affect an answer:
Right now I have to unplug my USB device from my computer, plug my InCircuit programming cable into it, and then program it. The documentation I read says that the Capacitor on the MCLR pin needs to be out of the circuit during programming, so my programming header takes care of that. I use a jumper that connects the Cap to the MCLR pin(in normal operation). The jumper pins are incorporated into the same header as the programmer cable plugs into, requiring the jumper to be removed to plug the programming cable in.

Best Regards,
David

Edit: System: EasyPIC v7, MikroBasic PRO for PIC v7. Device is programmed with ICP cable plugged into appropriate pins on EasyPIC v7.

David Kenny

Re: HID bootloader in custom circuit?

#2 Post by David Kenny » 12 Sep 2017 23:51

Answered my own questions.

Found the example HID Bootloader project in the examples folder. Customized it for my MCU. Now I can program it over USB using the USB HID Bootloader program in the tools menu.

Was rather easy to figure out and get it working. :D

Return to “mikroBootloader”