problem with USB HID Bootloader

Author

problem with USB HID Bootloader

#1 Post by gmips » 05 Aug 2017 15:49

Hi, I have a problem with my clicker 2 for STM32, when I try to connect clicker to USB HID Bootloader I have a message Unable to find device: USB HID Bootloader.

darko.ilijevski

Re: problem with USB HID Bootloader

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 10 Aug 2017 08:04

Hello,

There is a possibility that the bootloader routine got overwritten accidentally, so you would have to program another one by using a programmer. Sometimes it happens, since bootloader code is kept in the flash memory, along with your code and if the code accidentally writes something in that area or the content gets damaged by other means, bootloader stops working. Second reason could be a hardware fault. Try the bootloader on another PC too, if possible.

Best regards
BR,
Darko

Brussieux

#3 Post by Brussieux » 14 Sep 2017 14:31

hi, already had the same problem and had to reprogram the bootloader using external programmer.

is there any way to flash a program without erasing the bootloader (config option or whatever...)?

thank you,

regards.

darko.ilijevski

#4 Post by darko.ilijevski » 14 Sep 2017 19:44

Hi

If you use the mE bootloader to upload a hex, it won't touch the bootloader itself, it is made to take care of that, but if your code messes with the memory, or uses specifically set memory locations to store variables or other data, it can damage the bootloader code. Avoid declaring variables on predetermined addresses and flash-write functions and you should be fine...

Best regards
BR,
Darko

Return to “mikroBootloader”