Bug report list mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.3.0

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for FT90x.
Author

Bug report list mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.3.0

#1 Post by M5M8S10 » 24 Mar 2020 13:00

Hello MikroElektronika Team,
some time ago I posted a bug report list for mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.2.1. A staff member replied, that with the new compiler version (v.2.3.0) all of the submitted bugs would be fixed. Unfortunately - until now - almost non of the reported issues were resolved. It would be great to be able to use the compiler without these obsticles. So here is the updated list for mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.3.0.
  • In the VTFT-interface, when copiying/cutting and pasting multiple components from one screen to another, an error occurs. In the subsequent dialogue promt, I can decide to restart, continue or close the application.
  • In the VTFT interface, when sorting the layers by name (clicking on the column layer name), the names get sorted, but the elements of the layer are asigned to another layer, in a way that the the original order is not changed. Therefor the layer names don't correlate to the right components anymore. To test this just sort by names and toggle the visibility of layer.
  • when useing the automatic code generation (when switching form the VTFT-interface to the "normal" Compiler IDE interface or by clicking on the Generate ViTFT code-icon, the automatic code generation makes changes in the source code of the xxx_main.mpas and xxx_events_code.mpas files (I do not use the touch screen features, so i do not know if this makes sense, if it is used). The annoying thing here is that lines like "end." (even though "end." already exists at the end of the main function) are added randomly within the source code (xxx_main.mpas). Lately the xxx_events_code.mpas gets completely deleted, so that file only contains program header and the default comments ("//-------------- User code declarations ---------------//" asf). In my experience this issue depence on the project size (i.e. code size), since the problem occured or got worse as code size increased (my _events_code.mpas file now contains approx. 10,000 lines of code).
  • When renaming components to a name which already exsist for another components (this can often happen when copying components names and forgetting to edit the index, for example EveText1, EveText2, EveText1 ), the renamed component cannot be selected anymore - neither by hand nor via component inspector - and therefore the double assigned component name cannot be altered.
    The only option for me to make it work again, is to load a backup of the project.
  • Spaces in Eve Text are in some strings to narrow when displayed, so that it looks like there isn't even a space-character at all (I use Font Type: WindowsFont, Name: Arial)
  • The Resource Collection clears the Image and Font List from time to time, but the images and fonts are still stored externally (i.e. on the SD-card), i think (at least the .Res and the xxx_resources.mpas file does not change)
  • The Bookmark tool does not work correctly: when copying the folder which contains the project, the bookmarks of the new copy are linking to the code lines of the old (original) file the copy is taken from. This manifests in multiple opened files in the project manager with the same name (like "main.mpas","main.mpas"). I merely noticed that, while clicking on a a bookmark to jump to the desired position, made changes and wondered why the MCU behaved like before the changes where made (another file was altered, because the bookmark was made before the copy). This issue occures with all compilers I used so far (mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC, mikroPascal PRO for PIC, mikroPascal PRO for FT90x). Also deleting bookmarks sometimes does not work.
Since I aim to use program comercial, I unfortunaly can not attach my project. I hope you understand.
kind regards M.
Last edited by M5M8S10 on 15 Apr 2020 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

filip.grujcic

Re: Bug report list mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.3.0

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 27 Mar 2020 15:17

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.
I will go through the list you provided, try to reproduce each issue and report it to our dev team in case it's valid.

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

M5M8S10

Re: Bug report list mikroPascal PRO for FT90x v.2.3.0

#3 Post by M5M8S10 » 08 Apr 2020 07:44

I am happy to hear that. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

M.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for FT90x General”