camera_click fundamentals

General discussion on mikroC PRO for FT90x.
Author

camera_click fundamentals

#1 Post by Phivo » 02 May 2015 22:02

Hello,

I'm very interested in the camera_click board. I have a degree in elektronics but i'm not familiar with using image formats.
In libstock is an example project available but it isn't really documentated. I was wondering if someone could help me to get on track.
So could someone tell me how a qvga array is constructed or where to find documentation about this item?

Thanks in Advance,

Philip

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: camera_click fundamentals

#2 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 05 May 2015 17:27

Hi,

This Camera click™ combined with a 32-bit target board MCU will enable you to stream QCIF resolution video.
I suggest you to take a look in this datasheet for OV7670 sensor:
http://www.voti.nl/docs/OV7670.pdf

OV7670 sensor is capable for QVGA format of video.
QVGA (Quarter Video Graphics Array) is a small-screen display mode in which the resolution is 320 pixels horizontally by 240 pixels vertically (320 x 240), also you can find much more information on internet.

Unfortunately camera click is only tested whit this resolution on FT90x board in QCIF but not QVGA.
For using this camera for QVGA I suggest you some "stronger" microcontrollers from FD900, ARM or PIC32 family.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

mbezulj

#3 Post by mbezulj » 14 Sep 2015 19:17

Hi,

Thanks for the OV7670 datasheet, that explains how the sensor works.

However, as Phivo said, your libstock example is poorly documented. What I see is that camera functions are packed to match TFT requirements to make this demo run (code highlight is count == 10 hack).
It would be super useful, if you had FT9000 firmware also available at the libstock. Any chance for that happening?

I would be happy if I could change exposure or some other i2c register settings in the OV7670. I don't find this possible at the moment.

Looking forward to your answer,
Marko

mbezulj

#4 Post by mbezulj » 14 Sep 2015 22:35

Meanwhile I've figured that I was wrong. You did made i2c registers available over the SPI.
However, I find confusing that your reference code uses SPI_Read even if it does Write. Could someone, please, give some details about this approach ?

mbezulj

#5 Post by mbezulj » 21 Sep 2015 13:35

Together with a fellow Danilo we have built example for the camera click using Easy PIC fusion V7 (unfortunately, there was memory just for the half image)
http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/1538/camera-click

and later he upgraded it to calculate and display image histogram:
http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/1 ... m-analyser

regards,
Marko

Return to “mikroC PRO for FT90x General”