MikroProg erase memory instead of programming

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

MikroProg erase memory instead of programming

#1 Post by bsoni » 06 Jun 2018 14:49

Hi, I am trying to load hex file in PIC 18F25K22 micro-controller using Mikroprog. I don't get any error and seems it load program, but in reality it erased the old program in board and load nothing. I use same HEX file and load program through ICD3 and it worked fine. I want to know where I am making mistake or my MikroProg is not working properly.

filip.grujcic

Re: MikroProg erase memory instead of programming

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 07 Jun 2018 09:03

Hi,

Could you please attach the screenshot of your settings in mikroProg Suite?

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

bsoni

#3 Post by bsoni » 11 Jun 2018 19:48

I have added screenshot of MikroProg. Again did same thing. It erased previous program. I used same HEX file with ICD3 and it worked.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (223.88 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (214.47 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

filip.grujcic

#4 Post by filip.grujcic » 12 Jun 2018 15:08

Hello,

Can you please update your mikroProg Suite and tell me if problem persists?

https://download.mikroe.com/setups/prog ... p-v280.zip

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

bsoni

#5 Post by bsoni » 13 Jun 2018 14:11

I install new version, but doing same thing. This time I also try to debug, I started debugging and removed connector. As soon as I remove connector system got live and start working seems like it load program. However, I did power cycle after that and again nothing. chip was erased, seems like program was running on RAM. Does this make any sense?

filip.grujcic

#6 Post by filip.grujcic » 14 Jun 2018 09:12

Hi,

Could you tell me if this is happening only with that EMC0001.hex file, or with other hex files too?
Also, can you tell me which compiler you are using and how you start the debug mode?

The program is stored inside flash memory and not RAM, so that can not be it.

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

bsoni

#7 Post by bsoni » 14 Jun 2018 21:27

Yes I try to load another program, and it did same thing.

Whatever I am gonna say now make no sense, but believe me this is happening : I have started Debugger, everything is smooth as cream. board go blank nothing working nothing seems like program erased. As soon as I unplugged the programming connector, system comes live again. everything works as I programmed. I turn off the power and turn on back, all empty board it doing noting like program is erased.

This happen only when I use MikroProg. If I use ICD3 to load program in mirocontroller everything works perfect always. Something is wrong with MikroProg for sure, this is brand new I bought from Digikey.

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”