Roadmap for compiler, tools and libraries? (especially ARM)

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal PRO for ARM.
Author

Roadmap for compiler, tools and libraries? (especially ARM)

#1 Post by molch1656 » 29 Oct 2016 13:26

Hi,

I am using ME compliers for a couple of years now and I can see that a lot of and tools are missing (my current favorite is MikroPascal for ARM).

1. Libraries and examples for DMA, Power modes, Digital camera interface, RTC, Hash, Random number etc.

2. Configuration tool:
What is missing is a general, comprehensive tool to guide the user through the sometimes complex configuration procedure.
This should be a wizard like tool to guide the user interactively through the chip configuration and the support of a graphical map where values can be changed.
It should have the following features:
a) Clock configuration: Currently it is try-and-error without any graphical interface. I would like to have a clock path map where divider ratios/PLL ratios etc. can be changed interactively and erroneous values would be highlighted. A good configuration could then be saved and used for a project. But it should be a separate file so it can be used for a new project.
b) I/O configuration and internal modules: Similar to clock configuration tool. An interactive graphic where I/O modules (UART, Digital IN/OUT, Ananlog IN/OUT/ I2C, SPI,...) and internal modules can be selected and mapped to physical I/Os. Any conflict should be highlighted and allow the user to avoid conflicts.
Both tools can probably be combined in a single tool. This would enable the user to map I/Os and get the right clock settings as well.
c) Template code generator: After choosing I/Os and clock settings, the tool should generate a code template to drive the internal modules and I/Os.
With this code, the use can start testing straight away (without copy/paste from a demo file).

Another suggestion: the project settings are now separate from the source code and sometimes difficult to change/test/store/load.
Can they be embedded in the source code? e.g. in a top section 'MCU settings'?

A good example for such a tool is the STMicroelectronics STM32CubeMX software.
Mikroelektronika has made a similar attempt with this small TimerCalculator tools a while ago.

I am a great fan of MikroE but would just love to see the ME compilers upgraded to a more mature level.

Please let me know what your views are.
For any questions, suggestions, support with testing feel free to get in touch with me.

Thanks and Best Regards

Christoph

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Roadmap for compiler, tools and libraries? (especially A

#2 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 31 Oct 2016 17:20

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your suggestions.

As for the clock configuration, you have Main Menu option Project->Edit Project... and there you can see clock configuration.
Once you set clock configuration, you can save it as scheme, and use for that MCU whenever you want later.
I can suggest you to open clock tree in reference manual of the MCU you are using, and set clock config according to that.

Internal modules are set all for themselves using specified libraries, and there are examples for each.
As for the highlighting conflict, that is something that we don't have, and I can suggest it to our developers.

Thanks for suggestions.

Best regards,

Uros

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for ARM Wish List”