How to load a program in system memory STM32F407

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for ARM.
Author

How to load a program in system memory STM32F407

#1 Post by RAMASUBBU » 28 Aug 2017 11:53

Hi all,

I am using STM32F407 micro controller.in this there are three types of memory (FLASH,SYSTEM,EMBEDDED RAM) based on boot pin selection it boot from one of that memory.
I have idea to use system memory (IAP driver) and flash memory for my application.
I want to know how to load a written program into the system memory through mikro programmer ...
Thanks & Regards,
Ramasubbu.V:)

darko.ilijevski

Re: How to load a program in system memory STM32F407

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 29 Aug 2017 17:17

Hello,

You should be able to find the system memory location for specific STM32 in the AN2606.pdf application note and simply use orgall for the function you want to store there, but I am unsure if that is purely ROM code so I am not sure if you can simply rewrite it - there's a factory bootloader at that location.

Best regards
BR,
Darko

RAMASUBBU

Re: How to load a program in system memory STM32F407

#3 Post by RAMASUBBU » 31 Aug 2017 14:31

Hi,

In my application we need over the air firmware upgrade facility,so we kept the gsm module in our design
We have an idea to separate the flash into two sectors(512kb), Application itself downloads the upgraded firmware file from FTP server and write it into the other sector of the flash.
So we want to know after the success full completion.How to switch from one sector to another sector of FLASH through application?
Thanks & Regards,
Ramasubbu.V:)

Return to “mikroC PRO for ARM Wish List”