MikroSDK 2.0 library in MikroC PRO IDE

General discussion on mikroC PRO for ARM.
Author

MikroSDK 2.0 library in MikroC PRO IDE

#1 Post by jbiscan » 15 Nov 2021 14:39

Hi,

We bought quite a few of your Click boards and development boards and currently we have several MikroC PRO licenses and none MikroC AI licenses.
We discovered that we can't use some of these Click boards (e.g. LR 4 Click) with MikroC PRO compiler because it's only available for MicroSDK 2.0 libraries which currently isn't supported by MikroC PRO Compiler. Also, some documentation is really poorly written for MicroSDK 1.0, and since we can't see the source code of MicroSDK 1.0 libraries, we can't use some of the Click boards the way we want (e.g. WiFi 11 Click).

We were wondering if it's possible to use MikroSDK 2.0 library in MikroC PRO compiler, and if it is possible, how could we achieve that? If it's not possible, hope there is some workaround for this problem.

Looking forward to your answer!

Mince-n-Tatties

Re: MikroSDK 2.0 library in MikroC PRO IDE

#2 Post by Mince-n-Tatties » 09 Mar 2022 22:37

Welcome to the forum

the mE people are extremely friendly and will always help if they can. I would suggest having a private chat with them to see if you can do a swap for Necto License (maybe keep some mikroC pro and have some Necto), especially if you want to benefit from the newest of click boards.

I am a huge fan of mikroC pro (its fair that the closed libraries have been a reason for its stability) and even i am enjoying the new world of Necto with both backward and future compatibility, plus you get open libraries :D .
Best Regards

Mince

Return to “mikroC PRO for ARM General”