Suggestion to mikroE

Discuss with MikroElektronika software developers about current library development.
Author

Suggestion to mikroE

#1 Post by SDK2 » 16 Nov 2016 09:51

Hello mikroE team,
Since you are bored to write (or what else, missing of human resources maybe) examples or libraries for your new click boards and internal CPU facilities such the inside RTC modules in ST controllers, for mikroBasic and mikroPascal why you not write a utility to translate from mikroC to mikroBasic and mikroPascal, like this excellent one from Dany ?
http://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vie ... -convertor
I know that is a little bit difficult the conversion from C to Basic or Pascal, but from the other hand don't you think is a little unfair for all the rest of us we have pay for those compilers ?
Thanks in advance for your attention !

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Suggestion to mikroE

#2 Post by lana.arsic » 17 Nov 2016 17:35

Hi,

I'm sorry, I understand your anger, but for some new click boards,
there are examples in mikroPascal and mikroBasic too.

Can you please tell me for which exactly clicks do you need example in
mikroBasic or mikroPascal?

As regards the tool, your idea is very interesting,
thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Lana

SDK2

#3 Post by SDK2 » 17 Nov 2016 19:34

Hello Lana,
I m not angry but a little bit dissapointed and i believe i m not the only one !
There are lot of boards (and libraries) that interesting not only me but i think, many other users. Boards they have been already in production and many others they will be probably in the near future. Besides a better support i think can increase your sales.
And i m sorry to say that, but can you name please some boards they have supported in Basic or Pascal inside 2016 ? As far i can see there is only a few of them and the majority is just a recreation of older ones.
The ECG, Voltmeter, Wifi 6 clicks for example are in my interest list. Also the inside RTC module of STM32 as library for mikroBasic and mikroPascal - you have already write for mikroC) it could be another one. This one regards many users i believe, it is a must !

Anyway, a tool as described above it could be a helpful solution ...
Thanks again for your attention !

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by lana.arsic » 19 Nov 2016 11:25

Hi,
SDK2 wrote: And i m sorry to say that, but can you name please some boards they have supported in Basic or Pascal inside 2016 ?
For example: Force click, Stretch click, Thumbwheel click.
I agree that unfortunately there are more examples given only in C and suggested tool is really a great idea.

I will pass your suggestion regarding RTC and requested examples to our developers.

Best regards,
Lana

Return to “Library Development Discussion”