Application error in simulator

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC32.
Author

Application error in simulator

#1 Post by janni » 07 Feb 2011 17:39

It seems that the Application error shows up more frequently here than in 'regular' PIC compilers. Repeatably it shows when one opens a project, compiles it, starts simulator and types first letter in 'Select variable from list' drop-down list (didn't try all letters, though :wink: ). The error reapears at every attempt to select a variable from list. Ctrl+F5, on the other hand, works flowlessly. (Checked with XP PRO SP3.)

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: Application error in simulator

#2 Post by srdjan » 08 Feb 2011 15:19

Hi,
janni wrote:It seems that the Application error shows up more frequently here than in 'regular' PIC compilers. Repeatably it shows when one opens a project, compiles it, starts simulator and types first letter in 'Select variable from list' drop-down list (didn't try all letters, though :wink: ). The error reapears at every attempt to select a variable from list. Ctrl+F5, on the other hand, works flowlessly. (Checked with XP PRO SP3.)
Could not reproduce.
Maybe it's code dependent.
Please, send me some sample code.
Thanks.

janni

#3 Post by janni » 08 Feb 2011 16:02

I don't think it's code dependent. I tested it on several examples that come with the compiler (like LED blinking) with the same behaviour. Maybe it depends on layout - this I changed first thing. And I don't use Debug Layout (with which the problem indeed doesn't appear as I just checked).
Attachments
Watch.gif
Watch.gif (227.55 KiB) Viewed 3984 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 09 Feb 2011 10:36

Hi,

Please, click on the Send bug report button and enter the necessary information,
so we could have a detailed look at the problem.

Regards,
Filip

janni

#5 Post by janni » 09 Feb 2011 13:57

Done. Didn't think it would be hard to reproduce :( .

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC32 Beta Testing”