Ver 2.4 resets project bits

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC32.
Author

Ver 2.4 resets project bits

#1 Post by LGR » 16 Mar 2012 01:10

I noticed something odd after I upgraded - the project bits for a project I was working on were changed. I don't know how that happened, but it reset to bit to 20x PLL, which set the clock to 100 mhz. :shock:

It changed some other bits, too to the defaults. It was lucky that I looked at that; that would have been a bear to troubleshoot.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

Re: Ver 2.4 resets project bits

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 16 Mar 2012 09:50

Hello,
LGR wrote:I noticed something odd after I upgraded - the project bits for a project I was working on were changed.
This has happened due to massive changes in config bits between this and last release of PIC32 compiler.
Most of it are manufacturers corrections that match data provided in datasheet for the given MCUs.

You probably already know about this but for the sake of other users I am gonna mention one feature of the compiler that
helps a lot. It is Load Scheme and Save Scheme (Project -> Edit Project), once you have configured your project use this feature to save whole scheme
to have it available on a single click as well as additional fail-safe option.

Best Regards

LGR

#3 Post by LGR » 16 Mar 2012 15:33

Thanks. I just thought that it was important that everyone be made aware that upgrading the compiler can change the fuses. If you're not aware of this, it can take a lot of time to discover, because it's not an obvious thing to check. This gets back to my comment about a changelog. Something like this needs to be communicated to avoid a lot of trouble.

LGR

#4 Post by LGR » 16 Mar 2012 16:49

Also, BTW -

I noticed that you fixed the issue with the incompatibility of the project bits with MPLAB. It all works fine now. :)

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC32 General”