common ! where is the new PIC32 compilers release ?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

Re: common ! where is the new PIC32 compilers release ?

#16 Post by IanRogers » 04 Dec 2014 09:47

I am saddened to read this post..... I too need to get my Pic32 based product to market....

I have issues at every turn... All are compiler related.... It seems that some MikroE libraries cannot co-exist with each other..

Without the documentation of which resource each library uses, we cannot hope to plan software strategy...

Looks like I'll need to get XC32 and write my own libraries..... I am seriously about to give up..... I have been promoting MikroC on our electronics web site ETO.... But I'll have to stop...

This is a disappointment...

Ian

filip
mikroElektronika team

#17 Post by filip » 04 Dec 2014 14:04

Hi,
anikolic wrote: Hello Josef,

I completely agree with you. It doesn't sound good, especially if hurts your business, and ultimately hurts us the most. I'm deeply sorry.

Growing fast is painful
Running a business is painful when you're growing at the speed we are, and people here are really stretched to their maximum.
We are angry with ourselves when at 21:00, still in the office, we feel that we need the day to last 48 hours if we want everything to be done :)
This will all settle soon as we have a good strategy for sustainable growth. Two new guys are in Software department for trial work since last month
and we're really satisfied with their efforts so far. More and more people who are able to fit into this work environment will come.
But that takes time, as we are quite demanding.

Exciting future awaits!
As things change very quickly, our planing and best intentions are sometimes taken in directions we just cant influence.
The only thing to do is to work your ass off and try to get every single thing done every day. That's exactly the case in the moment.
What you will see in the future is not only compiler being updated regularly, but innovations that will help your productivity.

Best ever relationship with Microchip
I can often hear people complaining how we push ARM and forgot about PIC... Truth is exactly the opposite. We have the best relationship with Microchip in the past 12 years and this partnership goes well beyond just friendly "pat on the back". We're talking long-term strategic cooperation, including topics like supporting new microcontrollers, partnering with university program to developing tools and debuggers. You will see this for yourself with new compiler and product releases.

What I can promise is one PIC32 release by the end of this year.

Josef I'm very grateful for your post and I thank you for helping us to being better than we are. We listen to you closely and will do everything we can to make changes quickly.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

I wish to inform that the PIC32 update, which is planned until the end of this year, will be postponed until the second half of January 2015.

We wish to be honest to you all, since we have already promised that it will be very soon.

The reason for this delay is that this is one of the most challenging and demanding updates that we are doing so far, although it did not seem that complex at the beginning.
Thus being said, it is obvious that it needs more attention, gentle touch and thorough testing.

I'm sure that you will be very pleased when the release finally shines on your monitor.

Regards,
Filip.

josef2600

#18 Post by josef2600 » 08 Dec 2014 19:18

filip wrote:Hi,

I completely agree with you. It doesn't sound good, especially if hurts your business, and ultimately hurts us the most. I'm deeply sorry.

Growing fast is painful
Running a business is painful when you're growing at the speed we are, and people here are really stretched to their maximum.
We are angry with ourselves when at 21:00, still in the office, we feel that we need the day to last 48 hours if we want everything to be done :)
This will all settle soon as we have a good strategy for sustainable growth. Two new guys are in Software department for trial work since last month
and we're really satisfied with their efforts so far. More and more people who are able to fit into this work environment will come.

Exciting future awaits!
As things change very quickly, our planing and best intentions are sometimes taken in directions we just cant influence.
The only thing to do is to work your ass off and try to get every single thing done every day. That's exactly the case in the moment.
What you will see in the future is not only compiler being updated regularly, but innovations that will help your productivity.

I can often hear people complaining how we push ARM and forgot about PIC... Truth is exactly the opposite. We have the best relationship with Microchip in the past 12 years and this partnership goes well beyond just friendly "pat on the back". We're talking long-term strategic cooperation, including topics like supporting new microcontrollers, partnering with university program to developing tools and debuggers. You will see this for yourself with new compiler and product releases.

Josef I'm very grateful for your post and I thank you for helping us to being better than we are. We listen to you closely and will do everything we can to make changes quickly.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

I wish to inform that the PIC32 update, which is planned until the end of this year, will be postponed until the second half of January 2015.

We wish to be honest to you all, since we have already promised that it will be very soon.

The reason for this delay is that this is one of the most challenging and demanding updates that we are doing so far, although it did not seem that complex at the beginning.
Thus being said, it is obvious that it needs more attention, gentle touch and thorough testing.

I'm sure that you will be very pleased when the release finally shines on your monitor.

Regards,
Filip.
I'm sorry, but you are just full of talk ! and its like you are talking to some middle school kids! " tomorrow-next week-next mounts-next year-... and finally shines on your monitor" wow ! that's just really low. whats wrong with you?
lots of us have to finish our work and just deny your problems or you really don't know about your product. just for a second imagine our product has an error. do you have any idea what will happen to us? or you just don't care?

Sparky1039

#19 Post by Sparky1039 » 08 Dec 2014 23:01

The reality is, since mikroE does not charge for periodic updates for all its compiler and visual tool sets, it is under no obligation to provide the free updates in a timely manner. That said if a modest fee of a few dollars per year were paid for regular updates by the user base then all the complaints in this post would have validity. Since we do not, we have to take what we are given, as frustrating as that may be.

fred85

#20 Post by fred85 » 09 Dec 2014 01:48

Sparky1039 wrote:The reality is, since mikroE does not charge for periodic updates for all its compiler and visual tool sets, it is under no obligation to provide the free updates in a timely manner. That said if a modest fee of a few dollars per year were paid for regular updates by the user base then all the complaints in this post would have validity. Since we do not, we have to take what we are given, as frustrating as that may be.
Well then they should change the product page to reflect that.

"Compiler is constantly improved and new functionalities are added with each new release."

Should maybe be

We update whenever we feel like it.

I guess it depends on ones definition of constantly. The marketing definitely leaves one under the impression that the software is kept upto date. A compiller is something that has to be updated or in a few years its obsolete. I know when I first bought it, it was kept reasonably upto date now its just pathetic, a joke actually.

While what they are charging for it isn't big bucks like IAR its still at the point where one expects at least 2 or 3 updates a year that actually add something or fix something. If I would have known what I know now I would have just shelled out a couple hundred more for MC compiler now I mainly use the free version of MPLABX. Hobbiest or pro when new, cheaper and better chips come out you would like to be able to use them before they become outdated.

I'm speaking for the 8b PIC C compiler and MikroProg but I guess the 32b Me compiler is far worse.
Attachments
comp.JPG
comp.JPG (40.38 KiB) Viewed 9597 times

josef2600

#21 Post by josef2600 » 27 Jan 2015 00:55

Growing fast is painful

Exciting future awaits!

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Regards,
Filip.
all you say, are lies.

p.erasmus

#22 Post by p.erasmus » 31 Jan 2015 17:03

filip wrote: I wish to inform that the PIC32 update, which is planned until the end of this year, will be postponed until the second half of January 2015.
What happened with this in my calender it nearly 1 February 2015 ?? Are mE using a different calender perhaps ?'
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

kjm

#23 Post by kjm » 01 Feb 2015 12:27

or second half of February 2015 :lol:
or second half of Mars 2015 :lol:
and...... maybe 2016??????? :lol:

For my I'm work with MPlab. :wink:

hisoka

#24 Post by hisoka » 04 Nov 2015 12:03

Dear Forum members,

Regards,
Filip.
Can you list to us the changes that we should see from the new version ?
At least give us some information while we are waiting !!!

Thanks

filip
mikroElektronika team

#25 Post by filip » 05 Nov 2015 16:34

Hi,

Please see the PIC32 compiler page for information regarding the changes in the new version :
http://www.mikroe.com/mikroc/pic32/specification/

Regards,
Filip;

hisoka

#26 Post by hisoka » 05 Nov 2015 17:00

Please see the PIC32 compiler page for information regarding the changes in the new version :
http://www.mikroe.com/mikroc/pic32/specification/

Regards,
Filip;
We want to see the changes that should be implemented in the next upcoming version not in the actual one !!!

ilferrari

#27 Post by ilferrari » 20 Nov 2015 09:26

(wrong thread)

st5

#28 Post by st5 » 24 Jul 2016 15:39

fred85 wrote: Well then they should change the product page to reflect that.

"Compiler is constantly improved and new functionalities are added with each new release."

Should maybe be

We update whenever we feel like it.

I guess it depends on ones definition of constantly...
Together with the claim: "Best ever relationship with Microchip" I would expect every new microcontroller is supported BEFORE it is available for buying. BEFORE anybody knows the name of the new chip.

But instead, it supports Hexiwear, the new multimillion "priority" joke.
3x PicPlc16V6 1x EasypicV7

Going from programming on PC to embedded programming is like working in the dark with sunglasses on.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 Wish List”