Problems with mikromedia + for STM32 example

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

Problems with mikromedia + for STM32 example

#1 Post by LarsTragl » 24 Mar 2014 15:29

Hello,

I´ve tried to synchronize the clock in this examples but it doesn´t work.

Whenever I push the Sync-Button the Display Returns "initialization failed...".

I tried a few things but it still won't work. So I´ve got a few questions maybe you can help me
solve the Problem:

1) in the Ethernet_main.c data I entered the MAC adress of my Pc the rest haven't to be changed or?

2) in the USB Slot sticks a USB Hub after this there is a LogiLink USB to Ethernet Adapter and then Comes a cat. 7 patch cable witch finally leeds in the Ethernet Slot
is it possible that this is a Problem?

3) maybe there is a physical Problem, because at the Ethernet Slot there are 2 LEDs (Link & Active) but they both don´t blinking. Or isn´t it designed that they blink?

4) is it possible that I have to usw another cable?

5) or is there another reason why it won´t work?

thanks for your help

marina.petrovic

Re: Problems with mikromedia + for STM32 example

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 25 Mar 2014 16:56

Hi,

In the example we used DHCP for connection on the local network (DHCP is adapted),
so you shouldn't change anything in the example (you shouldn't change the MAC address).

The error that you get occurs when you don't manage to establish first initialization,
and this message can occurs even when the cable is not connected properly.
Please, double check your connection, just to be sure.

Best regards,
Marina

LarsTragl

#3 Post by LarsTragl » 26 Mar 2014 10:01

Hey Marina,

thanks for your quick answer.

I´ve tried a few things and now I´m sure the matter is, that the Ethernet Slot gets no energy.

I connected the Board Rx and the Shield Rx (same with Tx). The Rx/Tx LEDs glows yellow/red and there
is a electric potential there is round about 3,3 V. Could it be, that I have to connect something else that I forgot, like a Connection at the Ethernet slot?

Because when I measure the PINs of the Ethernet Slot there is no electric potential.

Or do I have to activate Ethernet first?

Is it possible, that I have to activate the Ethernet by programming? oder activate a Register?
If this is the reason, how do I do this?

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 27 Mar 2014 17:00

Hi,

I believe that we have the same correspondence on our support desk, so we can continue there?
To be sure, please, send me a picture of your hardware where I can see how you connect your board with Ethernet?

In order to use Ethernet, you just need to load the default example on mikromedia Plus for STM32 board,
there is no need to change anything.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 Wish List”