USB HID Library Gen_*

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

USB HID Library Gen_*

#1 Post by tsadowski_wn » 25 Feb 2019 15:06

Hi,

is it possible to use the Gen_* fuctions to implement non HID endpoints with this library? I do need a mass storage device but the USB device lib does not support the PIC32MZ.

Best Regards,
Torsten

tsadowski_wn

Re: USB HID Library Gen_*

#2 Post by tsadowski_wn » 07 Mar 2019 17:02

It seems not to be possible. At least replacing

Code: Select all

HID_Enable(readbuff, writebuff);
with

Code: Select all

Gen_RegisterEndpoints(0x01,0x01); //is 0x80 for IN added internally ?
Gen_Enable(readbuff, writebuff);    //Register or Enable first ?
and some permutations resulted only in FailedEnumeration.

Is there any chance to get some library sources?

Cheers
Torsten

filip.grujcic

#3 Post by filip.grujcic » 08 Mar 2019 17:16

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not distribute source code of compiler's libraries due to company's policy.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

tsadowski_wn

#4 Post by tsadowski_wn » 11 Mar 2019 09:19

Hello Filip,

does the USB Device Library from Libstock also fall under the heading of compiler library? It would be quite easy with available information (ChipKit) to add PIC32MZ support. There would be no DMA but I could live without it.

A complete documentation of the USB compiler library would also help. The documentation does not completely match the functions in the library and states only the obvious without background information, e.g. if I use the USB_Interrupt_Proc and USB_DMA_Interrupt_Proc where does it put the data? And is Gen_Enable really dependent on HID_Enable? It would sound more logical that HID_Enable calls Gen_Enable and adds some more initialisation like Gen_RegisterEndpoints but without useful documentation this is only guesswork.

To come back to my original question, is it possible to use Gen_* to implement a mass storage device? An update of the USB Device Library for PIC32MZ by MikroElektronika would of course be the easiest solution for me.

Cheers
Torsten

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”