Can you please look at these issues in the next release

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of Visual TFT Software.
Author

Can you please look at these issues in the next release

#1 Post by thegreenman » 27 Jan 2017 12:46

Whilst there is much to like about V-TFT and it certainly makes project development easier with tft displays, there are a number of things which are driving me mad at the moment.

1. I can no longer scroll along the screen display tabs on the PC editing screen This may not matter when you only have a couple of screens designs as you can just click on the relevent tab and edit the screen. However, if you have a lot of screens in your project, Some of them just disapear off the ennd of the tab list and the only way I can see to get to them is to use Cntrl + Tab. This never used to be an issue so is a bug in the latest build

2. Can we PLEASE have a method of telling the code builder to leave blocks of user code alone. I particularly want to have some include statements at the top of the Events file. They get deleted every time I switch from design to coding. Could we not just have a directive or a code block definition that tells the code builder to leave the enclosed lines alone.

3. The colour picker. Am I missing something here. Whenever I add colours to the custom colour pallete, they have disappeared when I next try to select a colour. It would be nice to be able to define some project wide custom colours to use as a palette. It would be even nicer if we could give them names. But I would settle for my custom colours just remaining set in the custom colour pallete

TIA

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Can you please look at these issues in the next release

#2 Post by lana.arsic » 31 Jan 2017 15:49

Hi Tia,

1. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, it will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding 2. and 3. requests, I have forwarded to our
developers to take in consideration for the next update.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards,
Lana

thegreenman

#3 Post by thegreenman » 02 Feb 2017 15:22

Thank you

Toley

#4 Post by Toley » 02 Feb 2017 16:23

Hi thegreenman,

If you request bug fix on VTFT you will have to be very patient. Since VTFT is now part of the compilers themself it will require an update of the compiler to see VTFT update. So depending on your platform it may take a while before the next update. If you look at the Software update roadmap http://docs.mikroe.com/MikroElektronika ... re_Roadmap if your compiler is not part of this or has been updated recently then it can take years before you see any change.

I have already warned mE of that risk of merging VTFT with the compilers.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

kpayea

#5 Post by kpayea » 26 Apr 2017 18:43

I second item 2 in this post. Actually, I think that there's no reason to merge or over-write main.c ever. No matter what one does to the VTFT layout, main.c is always the same. Why not leave it alone if it exists?

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by lana.arsic » 27 Apr 2017 11:10

Hi,

This suggestion is forwarded to our developers for consideration.

Meanwhile, you can take a look at the link bellow,
there is shown one way of saving changes made in code:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=69611&view=previous#p279811

Kind regards,
Lana

Return to “Visual TFT Wish List”