project setting: mmb for xmega

Beta Testing discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

project setting: mmb for xmega

#1 Post by foravr » 31 Aug 2011 14:43

When i setup a project for this board the preselected target device is: AT90CAN128. ATXMEGA is not possible to choose. Is that right?

janko.kaljevic

Re: project setting: mmb for xmega

#2 Post by janko.kaljevic » 01 Sep 2011 16:57

Hello,

Did you select the appropriate compiler? Because VisualTFT Tool uses def files from selected compiler, and when you do not have compiler installed you get default chip in device target window.
You can install demo version of mikroE compiler for AVR, and the target device will be set to ATxmega128A1.

Best regards.

foravr

#3 Post by foravr » 03 Sep 2011 09:21

When selecting the mikromedia board for xmega, visual tft automatically preselects mikroC for avr - i correct it to mikrobasic for avr. And visual tft shows the wrong target device. Selecting any of the pic related boards visual tft works ok. Since i have all your basic compilers i can see that this wrong behavior only happens with xmega board. The right processor is not selectable - it is missing.
With the wrong setup of course it is impossible to compile a project for that board - annoying.
best regards

foravr

#4 Post by foravr » 07 Sep 2011 21:18

Hello, wake up me people! you cannot ignore this problem. I am in the (rich) position to use your other mmb-boards with visual tft. But avr users with own hardware projects using visual tft and atxmega processor do not have the decision. I am still convinced of your products, but consumer information is still upgradable. :D

foravr

#5 Post by foravr » 08 Sep 2011 10:11

Perhaps you are not aware of your power? i am living on your products. my financial existence is depending on your products. You have left the region of educational products years ago. I think you know that. I am (now) a very (financially) small user of your products (< 1000 U$ / year) . I understand that there is no interest to think about those uninteresting "basic" users. I am 55 years old and for me it is unpayable (does anybody understand this - i want to say: witout that basic-language: no job for this old man :D ) to use your products, that let me work with the "basic" knowledge.

janko.kaljevic

#6 Post by janko.kaljevic » 08 Sep 2011 16:52

Hello,

I am not able to reproduce this behavior. If there is appropriate compiler installed and you select it from VisualTFT then you should see the chip list under target device (including ATXMEGA128A1).

Please can you tell me step by step instructions how to recreate this behavior.

Best regards.

foravr

#7 Post by foravr » 10 Sep 2011 19:53

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I do something wrong.
These are all registered versions
[img][attachment=0]test3.jpg[/attachment][/img]
[img][attachment=2]start.gif[/attachment][/img]
[img][attachment=1]test2.jpg[/attachment][/img]
The atxmega is not selectable.
Attachments
test3.jpg
test3.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 6834 times
test2.jpg
test2.jpg (132.2 KiB) Viewed 6833 times
start.gif
start.gif (21.18 KiB) Viewed 6833 times

janko.kaljevic

#8 Post by janko.kaljevic » 12 Sep 2011 11:08

Hello,

Please can you tell me which OS are you using?
And when you installed Basic PRO for AVR, have selected for all user.

The problem is probably because VTFT Tool does not see definition files from your compiler. Please try to press RUN button in VTFT Tool and see if the compiler opens.

Best regards.

foravr

#9 Post by foravr » 12 Sep 2011 17:26

Well I work with windows xp service pack 3. All ME programs are installed for every user (but on different drives). To be absolutely shure I have installed it once more . If I press the code generation "tooth weel button" VTVT software generates the code witout error and saves it. But the compiler of course generates a lot of errors concerning the definition of port k and so on (the AT90CAN128 does not have them). If I change the project settings (that are taken from VTFT software) in the compiler (here I can select the Atxmega 128A1 without problem these errors disapear after compiling. Instead of them some others concerning the definition of the font appear. I cannot understand it - with pic32 boards all works fine - so far I tested.

foravr

#10 Post by foravr » 12 Sep 2011 17:45

I found it at last. I have installed Mikrobasic for avr and MikroC for avr (the last was only for testing and not registered and perhaps an older Version). I think that is too much for VTVT software it takes definition files from the older MikroC and not from the selected newer Mikrobasic. After deinstalling MikroC it works! Thanks for your time. And for the other users: do not install to many compilers.

janko.kaljevic

#11 Post by janko.kaljevic » 13 Sep 2011 10:41

Hello,

Thanks for your input. We will inspect this thoroughly.

Best regards.

Return to “Visual TFT Beta Testing”