Visual TFT request - No disk in drive error message

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Visual TFT request - No disk in drive error message

#1 Post by GeneralZod » 23 May 2017 22:19

Just bought the EasyMXPro V7 development board and running through some test and programs. I have an issue with the Visual TFT program asking repeatedly for a disk.

Visual_TFT.exe - No Disk

Error: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive H:

This message is displayed after pressing 'try again' 26 times or cancel '6 times. That sounds like 32 key presses.

Its annoying to say the least and any help to resolve would be good. I have uninstalled Visual TFT and re-installed and it has not gone away.

Please note the program is not installed on the C: drive . This is also an AMD64 running windows 10.

Incidentally I am running a blog of my experiences with the dev board and it may be worth taking a look at this from a user perspective. I know you will, because you guys have great customer care. :D

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Visual TFT request - No disk in drive error message

#2 Post by lana.arsic » 24 May 2017 13:50

Hi,

Welcome to the MikroE forum.

This error can occur if you have used external hard disk / pen drive,
and if you have edited your project directly form it.

Or if you have installed Visual TFT on this removable drive,
please try to plug it back and start Visual TFT.

If the problem persist, please reinstall Visual TFT, but in default folder,
and follow these instructions:

https://helpdesk.mikroe.com/index.php?/ ... windows-10

Kind regards,
Lana

GeneralZod

#3 Post by GeneralZod » 24 May 2017 16:35

OK thanks. I played with the run as administrator and restarted. The issue seems to have now gone away. But I did get a major crash of MIkroC this morning which was automatically reported. For the time being I am experiencing some strange issues but which are not holding me back. This could be me just getting to grips with the dev board.

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by lana.arsic » 25 May 2017 17:18

Hi,

Can you please describe me more the issues which you have?

I would gladly try to help you.

Kind regards,
Lana

GeneralZod

#5 Post by GeneralZod » 26 May 2017 02:16

Hi Lana. I seem to have to now run MikroC and MikroProg in Win 8 compatibility and 'Run as administrator' to get some stability ( I am running Win 10 on AMD64). An error report was automatically sent two days ago as MikroC crashed on me and the software went into a reporting mode. This crash is unrelated, at least that's my guess.

The WIN8 and administrator mode has seemed to provide the fix to the "No disk in drive" messages. Or at least I haven't seen the messages for 2 days.

The biggest headache I have now is the USB drivers disappearing randomly. I have had to reload the install files at least 4 times in a week. OK I know how to fix this now, but its a bit of a pain to keep doing this. If I can get this fixed it would be great.

By the way, I am enjoying the programming environment. I am starting to speed up on coding and certainly understanding the development board very quickly. But its a rigorous process of working through the tools,code and functions.

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by lana.arsic » 26 May 2017 16:39

Hi,
GeneralZod wrote:An error report was automatically sent two days ago as MikroC crashed on me and the software went into a reporting mode. This crash is unrelated, at least that's my guess.
Can you please submit a ticket and write what exactly have you done so the window
with bug report has popped up? And also, please send from which e-mail address you have sent report.

https://helpdesk.mikroe.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
GeneralZod wrote: The biggest headache I have now is the USB drivers disappearing randomly. I have had to reload the install files at least 4 times in a week. OK I know how to fix this now, but its a bit of a pain to keep doing this. If I can get this fixed it would be great.
Did you solve the problem permanently?

Kind regards,
Lana

GeneralZod

#7 Post by GeneralZod » 11 Jun 2017 11:42

Program seems to be stable. To be fair, I think the PC has a problem as I am getting random BSOD and this is causing the driver loss. Its much less frequent now and I have upgraded to V5.1.0 I think the issue is closed.

Return to “Visual TFT General”