Some remarks on v1.5

Beta Testing discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

Some remarks on v1.5

#1 Post by Dany » 11 Nov 2010 18:16

Hi,

Some remarks on v1.5:

- the "Filter Options" part of the screen always starts with minimal vertical size, making this screen part invisible when invoked. One has to enlarge it manually before it can be used.

- the "Filter Options select those having registers" does not function as I expected, e.g. is one enters "GPIO" as register to contain then all PIC types are selected (if one has the time to wait for it to complete, see the remark below).

- Still in filter options: searching for PIC's with certain registers becomes very slow at the end of the list.

- I think the item "Copy Selection" (in "List Options") would be better named as "Copy to Clipboard" to be in line with those below it.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Some remarks on v1.5

#2 Post by zristic » 12 Nov 2010 11:11

Thanks for the suggestions...

The copy issue.. well, it is not copying it to Windows clipboard, that is why we deliberately put such caption... trying to avoid the confusion in this way.

Dany

#3 Post by Dany » 12 Nov 2010 15:34

zristic wrote:Thanks for the suggestions...
The copy issue.. well, it is not copying it to Windows clipboard, that is why we deliberately put such caption... trying to avoid the confusion in this way.
Thanks Zoran. What is the destination then of the "Copy Selection" action? I can not find it in the help.
Thanks in advance!

p.s. great tool, I will use it in the future. :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 13 Nov 2010 10:18

the "Copy Selection" action copies the names of selected chips into an internal list, so you can paste it later in the Package Manager (or append it) in order to repeat chip selection.
Would you like the selection to go to Windows clipboard too?

Return to “Package Manager Beta Testing”