Package Manager v 2.0 released

General discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

Package Manager v 2.0 released

#1 Post by janni » 05 May 2011 23:51

Somehow the information has not found its way here, in the Package Manager forum :) . Nor a link to PM's new page.

The new version looks fine, just why it claims to be a beta version while presented as final release?

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Package Manager v 2.0 released

#2 Post by anikolic » 06 May 2011 10:35

Thanks janni for pointing this out.

Sorry about this, we have placed the news in the "Product announcements" section,
and we are now correcting this mistake: http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 61#p149761

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Dany

#3 Post by Dany » 06 May 2011 11:28

Janni wrote:The new version looks fine, just why it claims to be a beta version while presented as final release?
I can not agree with Janni. The package manager is still very buggy. I am very disappointed, it is a tool I want to use already a very long time...
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

janni

#4 Post by janni » 06 May 2011 12:12

I was just complimenting the looks :) , didn't have time to check any real functioning. (At least one does not have to maximize the window to use filters now :wink: .)

As this is a free product, maybe mE could go all the way and make it an open project? There are many Delphi-experienced people here, and overworked mE developers could have some help...

Dany

#5 Post by Dany » 07 May 2011 12:19

janni wrote:At least one does not have to maximize the window to use filters now :wink: .
Indeed. :D
janni wrote:As this is a free product, maybe mE could go all the way and make it an open project? There are many Delphi-experienced people here, and overworked mE developers could have some help...
Good idea. :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Return to “Package Manager General”