SmartGLCD Newbie help

General discussion on Visual GLCD Software.
Author

SmartGLCD Newbie help

#1 Post by Terry.Stefanski » 29 Jan 2016 22:02

Greetings:
30 years of hardware design experience, many embedded projects with assembly code for PICs and Motorola micros, and many more using a Wilke Technology SoC with their Real-Time BASIC compiler.

First project with MikroElectronica hardware and software was using a Ready for PIC, VERY impressed with your BASIC compiler and IDE. Got my first project up, running and debugged in 1 1/2 days, would have taken me at least a week in assembly.

My second project is using SmartGLCD hardware and VisualGLCD software.
Environment:
SmartGLCD Rev. 1.5.1, VisualGLCD Ver. 2.7.1, MikroBASIC PRO for PIC Ver. 6.6.1, interfacing via mikroProg, no version info on tag. 2GB MicroSD installed in SmartGLCD board.

Set Project Settings to SmartGLCD Rev. 1.5.1, Target Compiler to MikroBASIC PRO for PIC
Got SmartGLCD Palm Demo to generate code, compile, load and run without error.

Having problems with "Resource Collection Demo". Not real clear on how to get the RESOURCE.Res file loaded into the external memory, so I put it in an adapter and loaded it using the PC, then back into the SmartGLCD. It generates code, compiles and loads without error. When run, I get buttons without legends, and otherwise blank screens.

What else do I have to do to get this running?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Terry Stefanski

Return to “Visual GLCD General”