Special offer in celebration of our 13th birthday

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 11 Dec 2014 19:28

MikroElektronika is a teenager now. And as it happens every year, we accidentally blew off a
hefty percent off our prices while blowing out the candles — 13% OFF until Saturday
morning (That's December 13, 9:00 AM CET to be precise)

Teenage years is when kids adopt strong opinions and tastes. Teenagers like comparing
and ranking things. You know, you’ve got your teen choice awards, teen icon awards, MTV
top tens and what not.

So on that note, here’s a top 10 list of our favorite MikroElektronika moments from 2014,
in no particular order:

1. New building

Although this isn’t the first year we’re blowing out birthday candles in our new HQ (we’ve moved in
around this time last year
), everything that follows on this list stems from the fact we had way
more space. We even cut our teeth as hosts, organizing a one-day IoT seminar with EBV Elektronik
and Freescale this year.

2. New machines

Sure, we waited a long time to spread our wings in comfortable offices, but the most space-demanding
aspect of our business is the manufacturing. At first, the new production facility looked like an airplane
hangar, a single SMD line and enough space to park a Cessna or two. Instead of a plane though, we landed
a new production line in May. It nearly tripled our output. And there’s space for more expansion still.

3. Side projects

The increased production capabilities allowed us to take on contract jobs, which brought WunderBar and
FlowPaw to the world.

4. 100 click boards

Plenty of engineering hours went into designing FlowPaw and WunderBar. The same hardware
and software pros churned out click board after click board this year, until we finally hit the
100 click milestone this month
. Arguably the standout being SpeakUp, the speech recognition
click board, introduced in April.

5. clicker 2 introduced

As the click board count rose, we reexamined the single mikroBUS™ clicker board and
decided to give it a bigger brother. In September and October, we introduced a pair of clicker 2 boards
(one for STM32, the other for PIC18FJ). The pocket-size mikromedia-form-factor board packs two mikroBUS
sockets, giving thousands of possibilities for click board combos.

6. A decade of compiler development celebration

In May we celebrated a decade of compiler development, marking the occasion with
giveaways and discounts spread across the entire month. Internally, we took advantage of our
new space to organize a proper, formal celebration which included a flag-raising ceremony honoring
our software team.

7. Started working on new compilers

The compiler celebration logo was a “10” with digits formed from six color stripes representing
each compiler architecture (red for PIC, green for ARM and so on…). In September we announced a deal
that would add a new, orange/yellow stripe to our compiler line-up. The software team started
working hard on delivering compilers for FTDI’s FT90x line of microcontrollers. The compilers,
and the hardware tool-chain to come with it, are due for Q1 next year.

8. Major players joining our distributor network

The year also saw the expansion of our global distributor network. Starting with RS Components
a few days after our previous birthday, then followed by Digi-key in the summer, and a few
months later Conrad (with a few smaller distribution deals signed in-between and thereafter)

9. Libstock moving towards 1000 submissions

Libstock grew to 923 pieces of code (in May we gave out awards to honnor the most active contributors).
So while a hundred click boards was our benchmark for this year, in 2015, we’re expecting to hit 1000 Libstock
contributions. So get your coding on. Use the 13% discount to get all the software
and hardware you need, and we’re expecting to hear back from you.

10. Your impressions?

This spot is reserved for you. What was your biggest impression of MikroE this year? What was your
favorite click board? Development board? Complaint? Let us know.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

MaGiK

Re: Special offer in celebration of our 13th birthday

#2 Post by MaGiK » 13 Dec 2014 18:21

Hello guys :D
I hope that all is well with all of you :D

I've waited until the special offer expires before writing this reply because I didn't want costumers to miss the special offer when clicking on (view unanswered posts).

First of all, congratulations to MikroElektronika!
You guys have done great this year! ... and the previous year too! ... and the one before that ... and so forth!
Lots of awesome accomplishments and moments this year! You mentioned their highlights, which are very impressive!
I'll write a brief comment on them :mrgreen:

1- Awesome building for an awesome team! I just hope there are no hipsters at work :wink:
2- These machines are beasts. Team in blue shirts must be thrilled! I'm totally in love with them! The machines of course :mrgreen:
3- My personal favourite. These two boards are sick! Can't wait to have them! I hope they won't get jealous of each other :D
4- Congrats! I'm 100% happy about this accomplishment! Get it? :wink:
5- So, ... the PIC Clicker isn't sick enough? Seriously ... The SMS alarm system is the best ... no, no ... the beast (Let's make) project! But hey, you guys just can't stop making things that make my wallet go on an extreme diet, can you? :(
6- A MikroElektronika compiler is making it simple to do lots of unbelievable stuff. I truly believe you guys developed your compilers while being drunk. Ballmer peak had to be reached to achieve such greatness! :lol:
7- V.TFT arrived in yellow, and it's awesome ... so these compilers and products will be awesome too! Period! 8)
8- Nearby costumers are happy, believe me, I'd know :mrgreen:
9- This website is indeed the FaceBook for coders. Hmmm ... I should submit something too
*Starts writing An LED blinking program*
Just kidding :wink:

Best Wishes for 2015! :D
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by anikolic » 13 Dec 2014 20:44

MaGiK, your post helped me to get through a tough day. It reminded me of what is really important.

2015. is going to be one hell of a year.
Hopefully before Dec 31st 2014. you'll see a new teaser page describing one of the most exciting projects in my entire career.
Others will pop up when we're ready to talk about them :)

Thanks everybody for being with us, I love you all!

Yours sincerely,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

MaGiK

#4 Post by MaGiK » 06 Jan 2015 17:50

Dear Aleksandar
I really hope you're okay and that you've enjoyed your days off. They are very well deserved :D

First of all, I want you to know that I waited until (Dec 31st 2014) to write this reply because I wanted to know the thing you were talking about, and then I waited a little longer because you guys had a couple of days off, but now is the time for my post!
anikolic wrote:your post helped me to get through a tough day
I'm very glad that it did :D
But dear Aleksandar, Please don't let the tough days get you!
I'm afraid that the tough days will get tougher, but it doesn't mean that you surrender!
Going through these tough days with a positive attitude and positive action is what makes you a genius!
And judging by the quality of your work, I'd be very surprised if your tough days were fewer than your easy days. Your products are way too good man! :shock:
anikolic wrote:It reminded me of what is really important.

Keep your head high because tough days will pass, but only after they make you stronger and bring the best of you.
I believe that is what is really important, that is besides looking forward for a tomorrow that is made better with our own hands.
anikolic wrote:2015. is going to be one hell of a year.
Same thought here. Not exactly sure how I can help, but I will do something helpful. I'm sure I will.
anikolic wrote:Hopefully before Dec 31st 2014. you'll see a new teaser page describing one of the most exciting projects in my entire career.
Is that the awesome new Buggy?
Because when I first read this, I thought "EasyPIC V8?!? But what can they do to make the 7th version better ?!? :shock: "
anikolic wrote:Others will pop up when we're ready to talk about them
Keep them coming slowly. The wallet isn't ready yet :cry:
anikolic wrote:Thanks everybody for being with us, I love you all!
Thanks MikroElektronika for being who you are, I love you all!

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Product Announcements”