A tool is needed to convert project files.

Post your requests and ideas for the mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

A tool is needed to convert project files.

#1 Post by serkansatuk » 05 Dec 2012 18:39

Hi,
I wish you make a tool to convert project files to another language.
There many source codes of examples in libstock.
You could make a program (or a tool) that converts mikroPascal, mikroBasic and mikroC codes into each other or exports the code to anohter language.
Best regards...

Dany

Re: A tool is needed to convert project files.

#2 Post by Dany » 05 Dec 2012 19:37

I second that. :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

serkansatuk

#3 Post by serkansatuk » 05 Dec 2012 19:57

Dany wrote:I second that. :D
:) +1

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 06 Dec 2012 10:45

Hi,

This tool is surely useful, but it wouldn't be easy to implement it, especially when speaking about C specifics, like enums, bit fields, unions, etc.
because there is no equivalent types in the Pascal or Basic.

Regards,
Filip.

Megahurts

#5 Post by Megahurts » 12 Jan 2013 22:48

filip wrote:Hi,

This tool is surely useful, but it wouldn't be easy to implement it, especially when speaking about C specifics, like enums, bit fields, unions, etc.

Regards,
Filip.
Is there a reason why they can not be implemented (added) in BASIC and PASCAL?
Structured programming is structured programming, no mater the language and you have already
created variants of BASIC and PASCAL that would no longer be considered as "Standard".

I add a +1 if there is anyway it could be done as it would greatly increase the code examples available
to ALL of the compilers.

Cheers serkansatuk :idea: , I was thinking the same thing a few days ago too. :wink:

Please consider seriously mE, it would truly make your compilers the most unique and powerful
set of development tools available anywhere. :shock: Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

Dany

#6 Post by Dany » 13 Jan 2013 13:27

Megahurts wrote:Is there a reason why they can not be implemented (added) in BASIC and PASCAL?
Structured programming is structured programming, no mater the language and you have already
created variants of BASIC and PASCAL that would no longer be considered as "Standard".
Currently the mP and mB compilers are less costly than the C compiler. I think this is partly due to the extra possibilities in C. If those extra possibilities were implemented also in mP and mB then, as side-effect, those compilers would probably have the same price as the C one?
Just a tought...
Last edited by Dany on 14 Jan 2013 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Toley

#7 Post by Toley » 13 Jan 2013 14:26

filip wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Filip.
Is this mean converting from C to another language would be difficult ? So it should be possible to convert from another language to C ?
Can you provide general rules, or things to avoid, to be able to do the translation. All your libraries are made for the 3 languages, so I believe you know how to do the translation :wink:.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

filip
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by filip » 17 Jan 2013 13:06

Hi,

Converting from Pascal or Basic to C is easier than vice versa.
For example, C has some specifics like enums, unions, bit fields, etc. that cannot be translated to Pascal or Basic because those two lack these types.

On the other hand, C supports types found in the Pascal or Basic, therefore code in Pascal or Basic can be translated to C by means of search and replace and little extra modifications.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “Website & Forums Wishlist”