Compilers Price are not realistic !

Post your requests and ideas for the mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

#1 Post by hazem000 » 13 Jun 2012 11:40

Dear Mikroe,

I am one of your (old) customers , I actually used your products long time ago since I was in the university, In my opinion & as many of my friends agree, we are happy to pay for your great products (Circuit boards) but never for your software ! for two reasons:

1- The crack of your software is allready available & it works perfectly.

2- The prices of your software are not realistic at all.

Even though I would be happy (as many people) to support MikroE & to use their full compiler legally, why should I pay about 250 USD for license that I think It worth only 25 USD ?

Thank you.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Compilers Price are not realistic !

#2 Post by zristic » 14 Jun 2012 07:56

Code: Select all

why should I pay about 250 USD for license that I think It worth only 25 USD ?
Well, it's your right to have a different opinion.

We hold that the price given is appropriate and that is our right too.

hazem000

#3 Post by hazem000 » 14 Jun 2012 08:30

ok, Mr.Zristic, Thanks for your answer, but can someone from the sales department explain this price? in other word, the whole operation system for Windows 7 Home Premium costs me only 120 USD, My point is that Why don't you consider selling your software license with a different prices based on the category, commercial/industrial vs student/private.

Thank you.

octal

#4 Post by octal » 14 Jun 2012 09:49

hazem000 wrote:Dear Mikroe,

I am one of your (old) customers , I actually used your products long time ago since I was in the university, In my opinion & as many of my friends agree, we are happy to pay for your great products (Circuit boards) but never for your software ! for two reasons:

Why do you pay for your foods, you can stole them at any super market.
Why do you pay for clothes, you can wear them in any shop and go out without paying.

it's a real shame to post something like that. Stoling is never an alternative unless you have no conscience.
hazem000 wrote: 2- The prices of your software are not realistic at all.

Even though I would be happy (as many people) to support MikroE & to use their full compiler legally, why should I pay about 250 USD for license that I think It worth only 25 USD ?
The price of any thing in business is established reltively to the initial costs of development, the marketing costs and margins needed to make profit and reinvest part of this profit for further developments.
The ressources (human and hardware) alone does justify such prices, and I personally think that MikroE has the lowest prices in the market relatively to the huge number of libraries provided, the provided IDE, the integration of all tools relatively to the target ecosystem and when we take into account that this is a pay one time update everytime.
Most other companies asks for a payment for actual version and you have to pay for updates. This let them recover some money to continue developments. mE gives you illimited time updates.

Comparatively to the market, I think you got a lot for so low money.
http://www.pocketmt.com

Dany

#5 Post by Dany » 14 Jun 2012 10:22

I am sorry, but I have to disagree totally :evil: . The fact that there is a crack does not mean that you are allowed to use it and go free, even more because the price of the compilers is rather low (surely no too high) in my opinion. Think about the effort that it takes to make an IDE/compiler/debugger/icd!. Also once you bought a licence you get updates for free for the rest of your life!
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Hooter

#6 Post by Hooter » 14 Jun 2012 13:03

If you are an 'old' customer surely you have bought more than one version of Windoze over the years and paid for each one. If you add up all the Windoze costs from version 3.1 to Windoze 7 it would be far in excess of $250. There are a lot of folk out there who have done just that.

hexreader

#7 Post by hexreader » 14 Jun 2012 16:42

I think ME compilers are fantastically good value for money.
Start every day with a smile...... (get it over with) :)

Mince-n-Tatties

#8 Post by Mince-n-Tatties » 15 Jun 2012 20:33

mE should track that ip address and send the FEDs around

The more people that actually pay for a product the cheaper that product can then become!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Best Regards

Mince

Toley

#9 Post by Toley » 15 Jun 2012 20:50

This is probably the most stupid and useless post I've ever seen.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

Trewalker

#10 Post by Trewalker » 16 Jun 2012 00:30

Toley wrote:This is probably the most stupid and useless post I've ever seen.

I'm suprised folks actually replied, considering the fact that the OP admitted being a common thief.

hazem000

#11 Post by hazem000 » 18 Jun 2012 08:25

Dear Mr.Dany & Mr.Hooter & Mr.hexreader,

I Agree that their software is fairly good & deserve to be paid for, but my objection is on the priece value.

Thank you.

Dany

#12 Post by Dany » 18 Jun 2012 11:44

hazem000 wrote:Dear Mr.Dany & Mr.Hooter & Mr.hexreader,
I Agree that their software is fairly good & deserve to be paid for, but my objection is on the priece value.
Thank you.
I respect your judgement, but again I do not agree at all. In my eyes the value for money of the compilers is very good.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Carlos L R

#13 Post by Carlos L R » 28 Jun 2013 03:46

Do you believe you can price others people work ?

Did you know the prices for real high end compilers ?

Did you note that Mikroe license is perpetual ?

Mikroe prices is very fair when you do a serius comparision off the quality and details like help and support, definately is the best relatioship between quality and price, you must be too stingy to claim regarding this prices

tpetar

#14 Post by tpetar » 25 Aug 2013 04:24

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is old, but I can't resist to not give answer. I will say this with different words.

If you are in electronics business, and you look to search and use cracked software, but as you say you want to pay up to $25 for compiler, I will say, better change your job and profession. $25 is just enough to pay DHL service.

If you gained knowledge on finished university, I suppose you are capable to make something usefull and worth from this, in other hand, you can buy licence for all compilers and make nothing. All depends from that, do you have software on PC just to say I have that software on my PC or you plan to use that software to make something useful.

In comparison with other manufacturers, MikroE family of compilers have a fair price. True users recognize that.

I hope you have some useful project to share with other users.

Best regards,
Peter

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#15 Post by anikolic » 16 Oct 2013 20:39

hazem000 wrote: Even though I would be happy (as many people) to support MikroE & to use their full compiler legally, why should I pay about 250 USD for license that I think It worth only 25 USD ?
Hey there Hazem.
I don't know if you'll read this, but here's my question: would you pay $25 USD for a 30-day license of mikroC?
What if we sold time-limited licenses? Pay just as much as you have been using it. If you have a part-time project which lasts for a week or two, why should you bother cracking when you can purchase a cheap but full-blown license?

Any comments would be more than welcome.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “Website & Forums Wishlist”