Open up the library.

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

Open up the library.

#1 Post by _pic_ » 08 Nov 2008 11:24

Hi

I wonder why all the library. is in compiled version? Many library can be improved a lot, and there are many people there make there own lib. because of there needs.

If the library can be opened up then all can make suggestion and improving the code, a clean winner situation. MikroE will get a lot improvements for free, and all other will get big improved library.

//comments on this?

idakota

#2 Post by idakota » 08 Nov 2008 12:58

I wouldn't mind an open library, but I suppose the intellectual property belongs to mE and they have the final say in the whole thing.

What I'd like to see is the ability to edit the generated Assembly code before it is compiled into a HEX file. I've seen a couple of times places where I could add manual improvements to the generated code (Example being the ISR context saving)

janni

Re: Open up the library.

#3 Post by janni » 08 Nov 2008 14:58

_pic_ wrote:I wonder why all the library. is in compiled version? Many library can be improved a lot, and there are many people there make there own lib. because of there needs.
This question has been asked more than once. You may want to read this thread http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ce&start=0 rather than start new (fruitless :cry: ) discussion.

Return to “mikroC Wish List”