Out of ROM when compiling MicroSDK Click Board on EasyPicV8

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

Out of ROM when compiling MicroSDK Click Board on EasyPicV8

#1 Post by RayDrury » 13 Apr 2023 14:53

As a Hobbyist I am trying to compile RFID Click in Necto Studio using the Example Library, on a Easy PicV8 board and PIC18F45K22 MCU.
It fails to compile.
These just an example of the errors:-

error (C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\MIKROE\NECTOStudio2\libs\CO2 click\Examples\example\main.c,114): There is not enough ROM space main[41888]
error (C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\MIKROE\NECTOStudio2\libs\CO2 click\Examples\example\main.c,38): There is not enough ROM space application_init[40812]
error (C:\NECTOStudio\NECTOStudio\compilers\PIC\mikroC\core\system\P18\src\__Lib_System.c,19): There is not enough ROM space __FillZeros[40794]
error (C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\MIKROE\NECTOStudio2\libs\CO2 click\Examples\example\main.c,99): There is not enough ROM space application_task[41420]
error (C:\Users\raymo\AppData\Local\MIKROE\NECTOStudio2\libs\CO2 click\Examples\example\lib_co2\src\co2.c,224): There is not enough ROM space co2_read_gas[38362]

Compiling the MicroC version of RFID Click with MikroC Pro for PIC is no problem; I have it running with no issues.

My questions are;_
Am doing something wrong in Necto/SDK, although I only downloaded the example and tried to compile it?
( I have tried a number of combinations of the Library, all of which failed).
Do I need another development board?
Is there a MCU with a big enough ROM compatible with EasyPicV8,

My conclusion is that the board.h, log.h and rfid.h files when compiled are too large for the MCU ROM.
Is this correct?

Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Ray Drury

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Out of ROM when compiling MicroSDK Click Board on EasyPicV8

#2 Post by filip » 28 Apr 2023 09:58

Hi,

Can you please attach your project here ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “Development Boards”