LTE IOT 2 CLICK Module - how it behaves on USB ?

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

LTE IOT 2 CLICK Module - how it behaves on USB ?

#1 Post by bulek44 » 14 Feb 2021 14:59

Hello,

we have purchased few modules and we are now trying to use them - first check under Windows and then connection over USB to our prototype platform.

I've read the docs, I'm still waiting to get docs from Quectel, but have some problems understanding how this module
should work on USB interface (module has Micro USB connector).

Have few questions :
- is it possible to use USB com port to do AT cmds based communication with BG96 ?
- it says in the docs that Micro USB can be used to power the module and do configuration/communication with it using SW from Quectel...

- I have found few similar modules that when using proper drivers expose 3 com ports under windows (AT being one of them). Is this module the same in this behaviour ?

- Is there any other information available about USB port on BG96 ?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Bulek.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: LTE IOT 2 CLICK Module - how it behaves on USB ?

#2 Post by filip » 17 Feb 2021 15:29

Hi,

I believe I have answered some of your questions on the other topic.
- is it possible to use USB com port to do AT cmds based communication with BG96 ?
- it says in the docs that Micro USB can be used to power the module and do configuration/communication with it using SW from Quectel...
Yes, it is possible, you can use m-center application to power module, send AT commands and FW upgrade.
- I have found few similar modules that when using proper drivers expose 3 com ports under windows (AT being one of them). Is this module the same in this behaviour ?
Yes, there are 3 ports in Device Manager - AT, NMEA and DM. Use AT port for communicating with the PC.

Regards,
Filip.

bulek44

#3 Post by bulek44 » 01 Mar 2021 11:18

Hello,

thanks for information... I was missing power on PWK.
Now it appears as 3 Virtual com ports under Windows.
But it seems that Virtual com ports are not CDC compatible.
Couldn't connect over USB CDC compatible host, because it reports Vendor specific protocol.

Has anyone figured out, how to communicate directly over USB (I need only AT command interface) ?

Thanks in advance,
regards.

mcdade

#4 Post by mcdade » 24 Jun 2021 19:32

Hi bulek44,
I hope you're not still held up by this issue but I have a solution for you. I was able to connect and communicate with the LTE IOT 2 click via USB after installing the Windows 10 drivers from https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/vie ... _Downloads. You can then interface with the module with Putty (I wasn't able to get the Necto Studio UART terminal working correctly)
Hope that helps!

Return to “Development Boards”