Ver 3.0 Beta - Line Numbering with #IFDEF's and #I's

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Ver 3.0 Beta - Line Numbering with #IFDEF's and #I's

#1 Post by Skyline » 30 Mar 2010 04:38

Hi,

Thank you mE for the 3.0 Beta.

Two observations:

1. There are differing levels of compatibility between ver2 and ver3 MCLs, and between SSA and non-SSA MCLs. When such events happen, users need to force module recompiles to refresh the MCLs, for example, through deletes of MCLs or by using the command Rebuild All Sources.

Would it be possible to incorporate a version and SSA flags into the MCLs, so the compiler can automatically check the compatibility of the MCLs, and regenerate the MCLs as necessary? This would help reduce the workload and confusion for new users.

2. The output line numbering for Assembly and Listing is wrong when #IFDEF/#ENDIF and #I compiler directives are used. Because of this the debugger source line location is also out-of-sync when debugging through the program

Stepping this program through the debugger illustrates the line out-of-sync problem.

Code: Select all

program A

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'  Program A is compiled for P30F6014A  '
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

#IFDEF P30F6014A
  include b            ' content of b.mbas not important
#ENDIF

#IFDEF P33FJ128MC708
  include c            ' content of c.mbas not important
  include d            ' content of d.mbas not important
#ENDIF

#IFDEF P33FJ128MC708
  #I z.sym             ' content of z.sym not important
#ENDIF

dim ba,bb as byte

main:
    bb = ba + bb
    ba = bb + 1
    goto main
end.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Ver 3.0 Beta - Line Numbering with #IFDEF's and #I's

#2 Post by anikolic » 30 Mar 2010 10:33

Hello,
Would it be possible to incorporate a version and SSA flags into the MCLs, so the compiler can automatically check the compatibility of the MCLs, and regenerate the MCLs as necessary? This would help reduce the workload and confusion for new users.
Thank you very much for this suggestion, I will pass it on to our developers, and inform you on their decision regarding this matter. Personally, I find it quite progressive, but there might be some compatibility issues that may interfere with implementation. We will see.

Regarding your second remark, I have tested this, and will report this to our developers.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Skyline

Re: Ver 3.0 Beta - Line Numbering with #IFDEF's and #I's

#3 Post by Skyline » 30 Mar 2010 14:30

Hi,

Thanks much! These are small inconveniences, there is really nothing much to report on 3.0 Beta - everything works solidly, I am using it with great confidence :D

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”