Pic24EP EasyPic Fusion7 Bug?

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Pic24EP EasyPic Fusion7 Bug?

#1 Post by jminushk » 07 May 2014 03:47

Programmer_Failed.JPG
Programmer_Failed.JPG (33.16 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
I took a screen shot of my debug session (see attached).

I have a pointer defined as:

Dim BitMapPtr as ^const far word

I assign it to a stored array using:

BitMapPtr = @Tyler_Head_BMP ' Tyler_Head_BMP is a stored CONST array in () Code Far

I then attempt to read a couple words from it:

__AddToFarPointer(BitMapPtr,2) ' skip one word of header
height = BitmapPtr^ ' load the word at the pointer into a local variable (size word)
Dec (Height) ' remove 1 from the #
__AddToFarPointer(BitMapPtr,2) ' move to next word used the INC command as well, same result 'Inc(BitmapPtr)
width = BitmapPtr^ ' store the Width

As you will see from the debug screenshot, once I pass Height line, the height is assigned the actual Address of the pointer, and not the value of the data at that pointer address. Yet I am using the "^" after the pointer variable. The debug watch on the Ptr shows the Data value as 168-- that is correct, so its reading the actual word in the stored array- but its not placing the data value in the variable Height-- its placing the address... Please help.

I am coming from an 18F part, so perhaps I am just missing something that should be obvious. The code works fine (with modifications on the 18F part).

I also constantly get crashes from the MikroProg when programming, usually a WriteChip Error-- not sure if its related. If I power Cycle the Fusion 7, and then resend it usually works. Takes forever to debug start given all the crashes. Not sure if this is related or not- doubt it.

Thanks for your help and thoughts?!
Attachments
Debug_Issue.JPG
Debug_Issue.JPG (59.73 KiB) Viewed 2697 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Pic24EP EasyPic Fusion7 Bug?

#2 Post by filip » 07 May 2014 12:40

Hi,

Please, can you attach here the minimal project that demonstrates this issue ?

Regards,
Filip.

jminushk

#3 Post by jminushk » 09 May 2014 03:17

will create one. Having a hard time because I can't get the chip programmed without a lot of "WriteChip: Executive error". Its unusable. I saw in another post that this is a known problem to Mikroe. is that correct? I am using the Pic24EP512GU810 card that you supplied with the kit I purchased...

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 09 May 2014 13:52

Hi,

During excessive use of EP chips in debug mode (8/9 times repeatedly),
there could be some side effects that could lead to the debugging corruption and erros.

Suggestion would be that you don't use debugger frequently, consecutively, but make some delays, and try turning/off/on the board when you exit the debug session.

I apologize for this issue.

Regards,
Flip.

jminushk

#5 Post by jminushk » 12 May 2014 16:06

Not sure if this will help you debug the problem, but shutting off the dev board to reset the chip itself, or on board mikroprog programmer doesn't solve issue. So it seems to be in PC software. I can power down the board completely. Leave it off and turn on after 1min, and still immediately get the same issue.

It seems the programming of the chip is an issue when in debug mode as well as the debug mode itself.

Using win7 32 bit pro. If that helps. Dev board is connected direct to PC, no hub. Tried with hub, but same issue. Will try to find a repeatable pattern when I have time.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”