Incorrect password if you tick to automatically log on

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

Incorrect password if you tick to automatically log on

#1 Post by ISL_Dave » 05 May 2016 09:42

Hi, my PC remembers my password and as soon as I start typing my user name, it pops up up with a suggestion for my user name which is always correct. I select my user name and the password box automatically populates.

Today I realized my old PC used to automatically log me on when I visited the forum and before I clicked to login, I noticed a tick box to allow me to automatically log in when visiting the forums. Just what I wanted :D

Unfortunately it told me the password was wrong :? so I typed the password in but still it said it was wrong.
I though I must have changed it to something else so I tried a couple of other passwords but still kept getting it wrong.

I have the password written down somewhere and it indicated my first attempt should have worked so I tried again but still it was wrong even though I had only used it yesterday :x

I then tried the same password (and had to solve the captcha) but unticked to automatically log me on and YIPPEE, I was in.

So for some reason I cannot log on if I tick the box to automatically log me in.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Incorrect password if you tick to automatically log on

#2 Post by filip » 06 May 2016 16:03

Hi,

Well, this seems like a issue with the browser.
Di you try any other browser ?

Regards,
Filip.

ISL_Dave

Re: Incorrect password if you tick to automatically log on

#3 Post by ISL_Dave » 06 May 2016 16:10

Aha, indeed it only affects my IE11.

I tried Chrome and ticked the box and it logged me straight in. I then tried IE11 with the box ticked and again it indicates the password was wrong so I unticked and it then allowed me to log on.

I don't normally use Chrome and had forgot it was installed because I find it much slower but either this part of the site is unhappy with IE11 in general or just with my copy of IE11 (which is more likely knowing my luck) :lol:

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”