UART1_Write_Text issue for PIC18F4620

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

UART1_Write_Text issue for PIC18F4620

#1 Post by rabrabengineer » 13 Mar 2016 18:52

Hi to all
I have two question, I am working a critical safety project and I adopted MikroC compiler because I am familiar with it. I don't thing this is good enough if the compiler is not suitable for this kind of project. Please advice me on this matter.
This will get me to my next question; I am using PIC18F4620 at PLL(8Mhzx4). I am using the UART to send AT commands to WI-FI module. The Wifi module respond by OK, ERROR or send a value if the AT command is an inquiry.
In my development I worked on stage by building up on task; ie when I develop one task and it works, I move the to next on. When I add variables and codes (which are independent from the first task) , these mess up the output of the UART in the first task even it was working before I add the second task. Sometime even just adding a completely new variable will mess up the UART output in the first task.
To explain the issue more, when I put debugging UART_Write_Text () to see my AT command outputted properly and when It did, I just comment or delete the debugging instruction, this make the UART send garbage on the top of the AT commands.
Another weird issue is that the response from the Wifi module appear mixed up with the AT commands (UART output) which should be at the UART input.
After a while, I learned to ignore this problem then it fix its self then it comeback and so on.
I am bit worried for the type of my application I am working on, as this will not be acceptable ( safety critical)
I am sorry explaining the issue without showing the code but I hope you got the idea.
Please can any one help?
Best regards.

Note: Baud rate tried

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: UART1_Write_Text issue for PIC18F4620

#2 Post by filip » 14 Mar 2016 14:02

Hi,

I believe I have answered you on the other post regarding the same issue.

Regards,
Filip.

rabrabengineer

Re: UART1_Write_Text issue for PIC18F4620

#3 Post by rabrabengineer » 15 Mar 2016 10:28

Than k you for the reply. Please can you delete this post as I posted it twice accidentally. I am sorry. :oops:

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”