Compiler wishes

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Compiler wishes

#1 Post by jobattle » 23 Dec 2010 02:32

Wish 1: An option to load only the definition files for processors I use
Wish 2: An option for NON-ARTICULATED tool sliders
Wish 3: Make the programmer compatible with WINE (everything else works fine)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Compiler wishes

#2 Post by zristic » 23 Dec 2010 09:19

jobattle wrote:Wish 1: An option to load only the definition files for processors I use
Wish 3: Make the programmer compatible with WINE (everything else works fine)
1. Isn't it already the case?
2. Please elaborate, I am not sure what you mean.
3. Ok, we are trying to port all on Linux, but do not ask "when".

Thanks.

jobattle

#3 Post by jobattle » 23 Dec 2010 23:43

The various toolbars on the side of the app (such as processor) are articulated, that is they slide out and in slowly as you over your mouse over them. If you are using a virtual machine to run the app, such as virtual box) or running the app under wine, for some reason the articulation is sssslllooooowwww. It takes several seconds to slide out or in. It would be nice if you could select the tools to just pop out or in without the slow articulation.

This may indeed be a video card problem with my computer. I don't really know for sure but it is very annoying and could easily be fixed by adding a non-fancy option to the app. BTW the reason I use your app is that it is REALLY FANTASTIC!!! I absolutely love mikroPascal. I just wish for a few changes.

As for item one "Wish 1: An option to load only the definition files for processors I use" how do I do it?
I can't find the option.

Thanks

John

jobattle

#4 Post by jobattle » 24 Dec 2010 07:06

One thing I would like to mention is this: MikroPascal and MikroC both work just fine under WINE in UBUNTU 10.04 and 10.10. The only thing that doesn't work is the USB programmer and I believe that could be fixed. I believe all it needs is to define a new UDEV rule file and put it into /etc/udev/rules.d. Why don't you just concentrate that instead of trying to do a complete new port to native Linux. That would at least get us LINUX guys off your back.

The only tiny problem I find with running the mikroPascal under WINE is that the sliders on the side move so slowly, but even that is not a deal-killer, just a minor annoyance. Seems like it would be easy enough to fix though. As I said earlier, that may not even be a WINE problem, it may be my video card.

I'll let you know if I find manage to make a UDEV definition file that works with the built-in programmer. As far as I'm concerned, that would officially make mikroPascal a Linux app :-)

John Battle

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”