pps (un)lock_iolock

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

pps (un)lock_iolock

#1 Post by jpc » 27 Sep 2010 13:46

i have the impression that in the current implementation ( mp dsPIC pro compiler) of the peripheral pin select library the unlock_iolock and the lock_iolock are part of the pps_mapping function. The inconvenience is that we cannot use the IOL1WAYconfigurationbit protection .
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois.

slavisa.zlatanovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: pps (un)lock_iolock

#2 Post by slavisa.zlatanovic » 28 Sep 2010 15:21

Hi!

This has already been discussed here.
Best regards
Slavisa

jpc

#3 Post by jpc » 28 Sep 2010 17:08

ok, if i would have seen that post i could have continued there, the main objection agains including them in the library is that you cannot use the configuration-level protection against spurious remapping of pins. Before ever there was a ME-pps-library i used my own ( based upon yo2lio 's work) and i still can use that. The direct writing to the remapping registers is probably the most efficient option.

slavisa.zlatanovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by slavisa.zlatanovic » 30 Sep 2010 12:47

Hi!

I'm not sure that I understood you properly.
...the unlock_iolock and the lock_iolock are part of the pps_mapping function. The inconvenience is that we cannot use the IOL1WAY configuration bit protection.
Please, explain it in more details.

IOL1WAY Configuration bit must be cleared in order to use the PPS_Mapping successively.
"The state of the IOLOCK bit can only be changed once an unlocking sequence has been executed. In
addition, if the IOL1WAY Configuration bit is ‘1’, once the IOLOCK bit is set, it cannot be cleared."
Best regards
Slavisa

jpc

#5 Post by jpc » 30 Sep 2010 15:36

IOL1WAY Configuration bit must be cleared in order to use the PPS_Mapping successively.
"The state of the IOLOCK bit can only be changed once an unlocking sequence has been executed. In
addition, if the IOL1WAY Configuration bit is ‘1’, once the IOLOCK bit is set, it cannot be cleared."
exactly, as demonstration of the current situation look at http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 45#p134345

garrisond

#6 Post by garrisond » 19 May 2011 07:51

good post!
I widely trace the cooperation of monogamous services. They privately edit my paper. I am unquestionably astonished, because I wouldn't inscribe my time widely and I don’t secret about online correcting my drafts.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”