Quick Link to relavant MCU "Dev" file

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Quick Link to relavant MCU "Dev" file

#1 Post by steve42lawson » 19 May 2019 20:10

Often, I need access to the Dev file for the Project MCU. For instance, a current project of mine, is based on the PIC24F08KL302 MCU. The Dev file, then, would be P24F08KL302.c

These files are contained in a directory at the end of a long, multi sub-directory path. And, once one navigates to that directory [the Dev directory], there is a daunting list to sift through. Even when it's alphabetized, it's still a chore to find the pertinent file.

Perhaps, a button, or link could be added, to, for instance, to the "Project Settings" sidebar, that would open the relevant Dev file, in a new Tab. That would be splendidly wonderful -- and, it seems, fairly easy to implement! The file selection process would be driven by the entry selected in the "Name" listbox.
Humility is the lack of the desire to impress, not the lack of being impressive.

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Quick Link to relavant MCU "Dev" file

#2 Post by jovana.medakovic » 20 May 2019 11:38

Hello,

If you want to open Defs file, you already have the shortcut.
Please, press Ctrl+Alt+D and you will get Defs file.

Kind regards,
Jovana

steve42lawson

#3 Post by steve42lawson » 20 May 2019 13:29

jovana.medakovic wrote:Hello,

If you want to open Defs file, you already have the shortcut.
Please, press Ctrl+Alt+D and you will get Defs file.
Jovana
Nice. But, who's gonna remember that? I mean, as far as I can see, there's no reference to that in any of the menus, or sidebars, or anywhere that I can find. A physical link, at a sensible place on the IDE GUI, like next to the "Name:" field in the Project Settings sidebar, would mitigate the need for a good memory.

Or, at least, include it in the View menu, along with Assembly and Listing. I reali8ze that isn't exactly taxonomical, but it's the closest I could come -- maybe in a new--what is that called? Sub-Menu Category? Like how Assembly/Listing and Statistics and Jump Menu are separated.

And, a new icon in the View toolbar, would also be nice.
Humility is the lack of the desire to impress, not the lack of being impressive.

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by jovana.medakovic » 21 May 2019 08:35

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I will forward this to our developer team.

Kind regards,
Jovana

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”