BUG - Ide options ignores 'tab to spaces' option

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

BUG - Ide options ignores 'tab to spaces' option

#1 Post by SpiderKenny » 06 Sep 2012 08:47

Whether you have 'tab to spaces' checked or not, the IDE always converts tabs to spaces and left-arrow, right-arrow moves one space at a time instead of 1 tab at a time.
The layout of code in the IDEs is practically impossible to get right.
I have tab width set to 4, and tabs to spaces NOT checked, and yet the first tab does 4 spaces (and inserts spaces) and the next tab adds 8 spaces not 4.

I find I spend more time fighting with the IDE layout that writing code.

SpiderKenny

Re: BUG - Ide options ignores 'tab to spaces' option

#2 Post by SpiderKenny » 07 Sep 2012 09:20

Some more information....

So yesterday I spent ages going through all the IDE options and Advanced Options trying to get the ide to work in a sensible way.
I had my code looking great, and TAB was doing what you'd expect. However left/right arrow still move 1 column at a time, even over tabs - which is annoying and then...

1. If I TAB indent a line, and then the auto parameters popup appears, it un-indents my line!
2. Cursor doesn't go to the end of the line if I click past it - all white space is clickable - how do I turn that off?
and most annoyingly 3. I had my code looking great, I open it up today and all the layout is scrambled again!!!

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: BUG - Ide options ignores 'tab to spaces' option

#3 Post by filip » 07 Sep 2012 14:52

Hi,

Regarding your first post, did you tweak the Smart Tabs and Tabs to spaces options in the IDE ?

As for the second post :
1. If I TAB indent a line, and then the auto parameters popup appears, it un-indents my line!
You press a tab (indent the line) and then press Ctrl + Space and the indentation gets back to the initial position ?
2. Cursor doesn't go to the end of the line if I click past it - all white space is clickable - how do I turn that off?
Uncheck Scroll Past End Of Line options in the Advanced Options of the Editor Settings.
3. I had my code looking great, I open it up today and all the layout is scrambled again!!!
Did you change any of the Editor Settings in the meantime or edited the file in some external text editor ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”