LED_Blinking problems

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

LED_Blinking problems

#1 Post by whitst » 30 Dec 2009 02:55

I build the LED_Blinking project and run the debugger. When I start the debugger, RB0 LED is lit. Running the code causes LEDs to blink in order except for one problem. RB0 goes off and then neither RB0 or RB1 blink. When I stop the debugger, RB0 goes on. Pushing the RB0 and RB1 buttons causes the LEDs to light.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 05 Jan 2010 09:30

Hello,

Please post this question on our Support Desk:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/
Also, send me attachment with your whole project if possible, I need that to check where is the problem in your program.

Thanks.

Regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by tihomir.losic » 06 Jan 2010 14:34

Dear sir,

RB0 LED activity before entering into the debug mode should not attract your attention so much, because this phenomenon is completely irrelevant.
Shiny LEDs before starting the execution of any program in debug mode may be the result of undefined input/output pins, registers, etc... because a small ammount of code is stored at the end of program memory, and which is actually. Debugger firmware added to your original code, so the programmer chip can monitor and command the program execution, using this small ammount of code. In the original state, this small program doesn't set much parameters of the chip, so undefined SFR's in the orignal reset-state might just cause this effect.
RB0 and RB1 are connected to A/D converter and comparator input, so if undefined, just might cause certain voltage levels on these pins.
Since this is the case, the final conclusion is that the phenomenon of burning LEDs is not a problem, and that does not affect the validity of the program, both in the Release, and in Debug mode.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”