PIC and OBD

General discussion on mikroBasic.
Author

PIC and OBD

#1 Post by siklosi » 15 Dec 2005 16:31

Has anyone tried connecting PIC to OBD car diagnostic port. It would be nice to dump some data on LCD. I tried googling but found nothing, except some IC called ELM 232. As far as I investigated it's some kind of interpreter and it's supposed to be PIC 16c505. But code is of course not available, and chip it self is 18 Canadian Dollars. Using this interpreter it would be easy, but did someone tried building without it?

Jamesp

PIC and OBD

#2 Post by Jamesp » 15 Dec 2005 16:43

I wrote a program for a PIC 16C84 and later ported it to the 16F877 that
would test, decode and display codes for Ford OBD I. I have not had time to try to devise anything for OBD II yet. If I did, it too would be for Ford.

I no longer use the code reader I built. And I don't know where the source code is any longer. I'm not certain I even have it any longer.
I'll look for it this weekend and if I find it, I'll post it on my website for all to peruse and use. But I won't make any promises.

Regards,

Jim

Jamesp

PIC and OBD

#3 Post by Jamesp » 15 Dec 2005 16:44

I wrote a program for a PIC 16C84 and later ported it to the 16F877 that
would test, decode and display codes for Ford OBD I. I have not had time to try to devise anything for OBD II yet. If I did, it too would be for Ford.

I no longer use the code reader I built. And I don't know where the source code is any longer. I'm not certain I even have it any longer.
I'll look for it this weekend and if I find it, I'll post it on my website for all to peruse and use. But I won't make any promises.

Regards,

Jim

BMWTouring

Re: PIC and OBD

#4 Post by BMWTouring » 15 Jul 2011 20:48

I know this is old, but Jamesp do you still have this code? I want to build a OBD reader for my motorcycle.

Return to “mikroBasic General”